• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Diesel Mechanics

alli85

Where are some places anybody would recommend to work on a Diesel, not really wanting to take it to Dealer! Having some issues it's a F250 6.0 if it matters!

Good luck 6.0s are the ford step child, probably going to cost who ever works on it but where are you located?

Yea I have really thought about that (the lake)! Middle TN. I have read & heard really bad stuff but I have not have one bit of trouble out of mine till now, 87K and it started running ruff & missing till it go to running temp then it run perfect but now it's not running good even after it gets warm.

Nah it does not, I wasnt for sure if the egr could cause it to run like **** or not!

True, Thanks man. Is there any shops that you recommend to do that? I'm no mechanic!

I'm not a diesel mechanic, but it sounds like it could be the FICM, fuel injection control module. That's how mine ran when that had to be replaced. Look it up and see if that's what it might be. Could save you some money.

Well I read that the ficm is misdiagnosed a lot & it really be a egr problem. How do you check the ficm or was yours showing any codes?

alli85 said:
Well I read that the ficm is misdiagnosed a lot & it really be a egr problem. How do you check the ficm or was yours showing any codes?

I didn't fix this myself. It's a company truck and was taken to a mechanic. To explain what my truck did, it wouldn't want to crank in the morning, and have to run for 10 or so minutes before it ran right. If i parked it for a few hours, it would take a few minutes to run right again. Big pain in the ass really.

I own and operate Curt's Custom Shop. Located right outside of Gallatin, Tn. I have 14 years experience in the Ford dealer. You can call me @615-293-3187. I have the capability to flash and reprogram Ficm & Pcm. I specialize in the Ford Powerstroke 7.3 & 6.0 diesel.

We work on them here at eor in the boro. give us a shout if you wanna set up a time to bring it by or just have any questions and i will try to help you out as best as i can

coleman