• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

"Dirty girl" A White Trash Fab build

It will give you all the info for every piece, but bendtech is way easier to run than solid works. My drawings sizing was off a bit so we just started free building using the drawings as a guide.

I use bend tech and it is easy to use but it will not do rolled tubing. Which makes it hard to be consistent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see bend tech does have a new version with rolled tubing but it doesn't look like it works with Bend Tech Pro. As much as I love the rolled tubing look, I just can't bring myself to buy the roller. $800 for the Hulk or almost $400 for the HF and Swagg addons. If I were building multiple buggies I could easily justify it to myself but I don't forsee that happening. Wife was not too happy about the truck is dismantled after only two years of wheeling it.

Added hood supports yesterday.

Some card cad work today.

Click enter and out comes finished metal product.

1.5" clearance to the links.

Right side cooler for the full hydro steering, left cooler for the trans. Both fans should help keep some air flowing around the block.

After a break for the holiday and spending some time on parts for the Rzr racing effort I got a little work done on the lightbar cage, will finish this weekend.

nissanheathen said:
by far the sickest build on here flashemifyougotem
Thanks for watching :popcorn:.

Me and Hadley made some progress today, orbital mount and steering column.

Drivers floor plan coming together with drop well.

Lower rad mount it.

Think we will make a better upper mount.

Braces for the rear shock towers.

Hadley and his girl look right at home in there.

By far one of the best builds I've followed on here. Awesome lines on that buggy and great fab work! :dblthumb:

Draco said:
By far one of the best builds I've followed on here. Awesome lines on that buggy and great fab work! :dblthumb:
Thanks, I love a good build thread with lots of pics and a little story line plus it helps keep the drive up to get done.

Back at it today with bottom hydro resi mount.

Lightbar cage is done.

Upper rad bracket in.

Little bro mounted front fairlead.

Just found this site about a week ago. I was checking out some of the Tech Fab section and ran across this build. Man you have some awesome fabbing skills and one hell of a sick build! hitit I love buggies stance and definitely a one of a kind! I will for sure keep up with this build! thumb.gif thumb.gif

Thanks guys, while nothing got done today on the fullsize buggy and as if we need any more projects my Kid started building a 1/10 replica.

Lower rails done and tig tacked togther.

SomewhiteGuy said:

Is the shaft on that orbital column splined or is it the 3/4" smooth shaft? If it's not splined what did you use to connect the u-joint? I know it looks like a Woodward u-joint. I've got a few of them for my build along with the weld-in stubs for them. I'm just curious how you connected to the column. I've looked at Woodawrd's catalog and didn't see anything for that. Did you just cut a stub and weld it to the shaft?

Thanks,
Ben

Badass build BTW! flashemifyougotem

The orbital colum is splined as is that side of the u joint, the other side is a 3/4" round smooth bore and I drilled and tapped the 3/4"x.120 wall dom shaft to 1/4-20 on 2 sides to make the column removable as the other side has a Tg steering wheel quick disconect welded on it. All these parts were sourced from WideOpenDesign, give Rocky a call he can get you squared away.