• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Disney World (a hopefully unbiased opinion on the joint)

Ive read the comments and to each their own. My family of 4 went 6/7years ago and the kids loved. We have since added to the Parker clan with the little one being old enough to appreciate being there and are planning a trip in October. We are still watching hurricane stuff before we make the trip and have not bought tickets yet. We have booked a room with my parents time share so that helps reduce cost. Dont want to spend more than I have too getting in the door. Their is 4 adult age(according to disney) and 1 child age, I am paying for.

Where do you recommend buying tickets from? Disney, a reputable site with cheaper options, scalper, drug dealer whose cousin's baby mommas aunties boyfriends brother has a connection?

When your making your reservation find out exactly what day, and at what time you can call back in to reserve your fast passes. Same for any character meals your family wants to do. Make a plan for which three rides on each day are your priorities and call in to try and get said passes. If there is a popular ride that you couldn't get a pass for, get to the park before they open and when they do make a fawking beeline for that ride and you will either walk on or have a very short wait.

There really aren't any cheaper tickets that are guaranteed to work. I would just buy from Disney and be done with it. But I would buy soon and try to salvage some of the good fast passes before they all get taken. I booked mine the first morning they were available and still didn't get everything the wife wanted. We will be there October 20-30.

We try to go every year and have always booked thru the Disney web site. I'm not comfortable with using an agent, I figure if I'm going to be double checking everything I might as well do it myself. We always stay on property at a "moderate" resort, LOVE the ability to use Disney transportation for everything. As far as reservations go, here are the time lines -

- Food reservations open up @ 7am 180 days out from check in.
- Fast passes open up @ 7am 60 days out from check in.
- You can book the trip with a $200 deposit and don't have to pay the full amount until 30 days from check in.
- I ALWAYS take the trip insurance. It's $200 but allows you to move the check in at will. (our last trip got bumped 3 times before we actually went, no penalties)

Just my .02

Went for my first time last year. 9 year old daughter had a blast and wants to go back. Overall I had a great time even being really sick the first 2 days. Stayed at Port Orleans, used the shuttles and never had a complaint. Wife made all the provisions, the meal plan was included. The meal plan by far was a good deal one meal and two snacks each day per person. We payed for one meal on the last night and It was well over 150. If you talk to the Disney time share guys they give you all kinds of free passes etc and there was no pressure from sales man.

Here now. As others have said don't plan to relax, it is fast pace and going from 08:00 in the morning till night shows end at night. The bus rides to and from the theme parks suck. If going again I would go for one of the resorts that have monorails. The meal plan is a must and plan fast passes by looking at a map so you aren't running from one side of the parks to the other. The night shows are the best part to me, besides seeing my 4 year old daughter light up when she saw the characters. Link your debit card to your magic band and you don't have to take wallet or cash, The theater shows and enclosed rides are saviors when it is hot out, pretty amazing how cool they can keep some of the buildings with the doors wide open. Get the picture plan with your package and all you do is walk up to photographers and scan your magic band, if you don't get the deal with your package they try to rape you at the end when your wife loves the pics.

A couple of cool hideaways we've found are the caves on Tom Sawyers island. The inside rides / attractions are nice and cool but sometimes the wait can be crazy long (and outside), times like this we ride over to the island and go into the caves. The caves are only semi lit (but not scary) and obviously there's nowhere to sit but even on 100° days in June they are COLD inside, we'll go in and just stand for 5-10 min to get refreshed and then move on. Also, typically the island isn't crowded so it's a nice get away when the park is shoulder to shoulder, there's even a deck with a few rocking chairs to sit and rest for a while.

Re:

The off season is also a perfect time to go. Less crowded, better deals and if you wanna know why the off season is (reference to JJ ) SEARCH MOTHERFUCKER!

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk