• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dodge 1500 diesel

UABYJ94

Has anyone been keeping up with this?.
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2013/02/ram-1500-becomes-industry-first-half-ton-diesel-pickup.html

A 3.0-liter diesel engine will be fitted to an eight-speed automatic transmission and is expected to offer best-in-class fuel efficiency ad torque. Chrysler hasn't released official output figures for the diesel Ram 1500 yet, but this is the same engine Jeep will soon offer in the Grand Cherokee. In that application, it offers 420 lb-ft of torque, can tow up to 7,400 lbs and is said to manage 30 mpg on the highway.

Dodge/Ram needs this. It could help them get some much needed sales before ford and gm bring a 1/2 ton diesel out. Hopefully this'll be a good seller for them.

My dad works for Ford and he said Ford has been takin bout doin this for years but nothing yet, the EcoBoost is a sweet motor but I don't think they are getting the MPGs that they hoped :dunno: I have always had Chevys but man the new Fords and Dodges are flashemifyougotem

Re: Re: Dodge 1500 diesel

Its been about three years ago. But a buddy of mine worked for cummins in cookeville. They had several prototype diesels laying around for midsize trucks. But dodge never really wanted to mass produce them.

So, I'll believe it when its on the lot and I get to abuse it.

I have a friend at the dealership that says it is coming out just don't know quite when but dodge proclaims by the end of the year.
When it does come out we are going to have a trailer per-loaded so we can test er out.

Re: Re: Dodge 1500 diesel

The Luke said:
Its been about three years ago. But a buddy of mine worked for cummins in cookeville. They had several prototype diesels laying around for midsize trucks. But dodge never really wanted to mass produce them.

So, I'll believe it when its on the lot and I get to abuse it.

There are several fullsize "import" manufacturers 1/2 tons running around cookeville with Cummin LDD swaps...

I'm not sure, but I think this diesel is based off of a Fiat diesel. I have heard rumors to that effect anyway. I don't know what that will mean. I guess time will tell.