• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dodge--how to dissable automatic headlamps?

baseball_bat.jpg

:flipoff:

Heck no--I just put my HID's in--aint breaking those. Thats ok I will remember that when you have a duraturd question :awesomework:

One click on the ebrake? that should turn off the Day time running lights. I dont know what it will do with the automatic head lights.

Heck no--I just put my HID's in--aint breaking those. Thats ok I will remember that when you have a duraturd question :awesomework:

:fawkdancesmiley:

Hey, my duraturd has a little switch on the dash that allows me to overide my automatic headlights :flipoff:

How funny. Both versions seem to have a DRL module from what I can tell--but american version is not stated as a DRL system.

just out of curiosity..

why?

I kinda like the fact i never have to remember to turn my lights on.

The reason behind it is because of my HID system I put on last night. With this system with the key ion you are not getting 12volts to the headlights but a reduced voltage. This is creating havoc with the high/low beam module for the HID system. Plus with this year dodge you only got dim headlamps and no other lamps.

Re-read my post. I didn't say DRL I said automatic headlamps as they are different than the canadian version(DRL). The canadian versions turn on the headlamps with vehicle speed according to what I have found.

My truck is a Canuk, The lights turn on automatically when I start the vehicle. now my doors lock when I hit 20mph

So I loocated the module and disconnected it. The lights work like they should but no high beam indicator. SO I will have to figure out how to bypass that part and I should be golden.

How about a relay that controls the power to the HID module. Run the relay control wire back to the headlight switch module so there is no power to the HID module until you turn the switch on.

It's only one wire to run, then the auto headlight module is still working like normal (and you get your high beam indicator), but no headlights unless you manually turn/pull the switch.

Crash, on a 03 you need to cut the orange and white wire into the relay, it takes away the speed sensor to the lights, I don't know what all years the color was that however....

How about a relay that controls the power to the HID module. Run the relay control wire back to the headlight switch module so there is no power to the HID module until you turn the switch on.

It's only one wire to run, then the auto headlight module is still working like normal (and you get your high beam indicator), but no headlights unless you manually turn/pull the switch.

Thats making it way too complicated. Myself I hate not having full control of my headlamps. So from what I can gather with the domestic system all I have to do is leave the module disconnected and jumper for the high beam indicator.

Thats making it way too complicated.

Apparently. I don't have a clue about the system, I was just thinking in terms of a generic fix that would retain full control. If a jumper wire keeps all the functionality you need, the fewer computers the better. :awesomework: