• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dual steering pumps

NTIDWELL

Looking into put some on my buggy and was wondering who has the best kit out there and measurements after install to know if I'm gonna have enuff room with their kit I have seen a few kits and I do like the one from pats parts just like to see how the rest of y'all are running them might have to make up my own brackets no big deal just like to see what y'all have came up with and if your running Tc/cb/p style pumps these will be going on a ls series motor please post some pics of what you came with and measurements please I'm running a p style pump now and when turning front and rear its pretty slow any ideas everything was paired when I bought system from pos suppose to work fine talked to pos and they said installing another pump would be the key so if you help a :afro: out thanks

Re: Re: Dual steering pumps

TBItoy said:
You got a ls truck.motor? JJ (patooyee) makes them for a reasonable price
yes sir that's the ones I'm looking at tryn to figure out if his is gonna fit without having to hack up chassis

I have dual KRC pumps they are small and don't hang out much past the motor? But I have a old sbc? One bolts to the driver side head the other is out the width of the belt and right below the other one. Ill try and get a picture tomorrow.

al1tonyota said:
I have dual KRC pumps they are small and don't hang out much past the motor? But I have a old sbc? One bolts to the driver side head the other is out the width of the belt and right below the other one. Ill try and get a picture tomorrow.
I've seen his setup. Its very clean and compact. They way they mount I don't think it would be hard on your setup.

4uga7a8a.jpg

Heres JJ's kit on my buggy with TC pumps. Works great. Front and rear systems are completely seperate.

IMG_20111018_194601.jpg

IMG_20111018_191433.jpg

Jduck said:
Heres JJ's kit on my buggy with TC pumps. Works great. Front and rear systems are completely seperate.

IMG_20111018_194601.jpg

IMG_20111018_191433.jpg
this is what I'm looking into getting how much wider taller /lower is it than stock bracket

al1tonyota said:
thank u sir you running a remote resivor on urs u run into any problems cavitating ur pump with them mounted that high

NTIDWELL said:
this is what I'm looking into getting how much wider taller /lower is it than stock bracket

Not sure, I never really measured the stock one. I know it is wider but not sure how much. I can try and get you a measurement for ref. this weekend. The frame is only 24" wide right there.

Jduck said:
Not sure, I never really measured the stock one. I know it is wider but not sure how much. I can try and get you a measurement for ref. this weekend. The frame is only 24" wide right there.
thank u sir if would just give me a measurements from center of water pump out and are u running 5.5 pullys or something else

Re: Re: Dual steering pumps

Jduck, I like that set up, I wounder if they have a bracket like this for my 5.8 that we are doing.

FROM THE EMPTY BOTTLE!

NTIDWELL said:
thank u sir if would just give me a measurements from center of water pump out and are u running 5.5 pullys or something else

Those are 6.5 pulleys I believe. Stock TJ pulley from napa, like 9 bucks each! :dblthumb:

NTIDWELL said:
thank u sir you running a remote resivor on urs u run into any problems cavitating ur pump with them mounted that high
Haven't had any problems the top pump resivor outlet is in line with the inlet on the pump, only problem I've had with that is I don't have protection over the resivors and if I roll over it can damage them! I've had to replace them once already!

JJ's kit is nice but I couldn't have my pumps sit that low due to driveshaft and control arm clearance issues so I made my own. Dual KRC pumps
32304_564447646915198_781505572_n.jpg

I have a 6.0 adn was thinking of keepign the stock pump to run a hydroboost system and put a second pump in the old a/c compressor location. Has anyone done this previously.

Lil ugly said:
I have a 6.0 adn was thinking of keepign the stock pump to run a hydroboost system and put a second pump in the old a/c compressor location. Has anyone done this previously.
this is what I was gonna do originally but ran into driveshaft clearance issues

NTIDWELL said:
this is what I was gonna do originally but ran into driveshaft clearance issues

10-4, I am driver side drop so I may be able to get away with it. I was thinking of running my links triangulated and the uppers parrallel just to help with the clearances around the motor and accessories. Maybe I get lucky, not quite to the point were I can get everything up on the table yet.