• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

E-85

I've never ran it but a friend of mine had a ranger that was E85 ready. Said it got worse mpg on the E85 then on plan gas. I think it was around 6 or so mpg less then gas.

Re:

Up to 35% higher consumption compared to gas, but creates more power and a cooler motor temps. Make sure you fuel pump and injectors are big enough to handle the higher consumption needed.

For a boosted or high compression application it works. I run it in my 12.5:1 rzr, all my buddies except 1 with turbos run it on their turbo rigs. Buddy that does all our turbo rzr and motor builds also had a just north of 1k RWHP camaro with twins and he always ran on corn. As long as it is able to be gotten there are few downsides. My rzr seems to like it as well as the v8's he's put it on.

lower energy density but higher octane. if you build around it and can get it reliably it's a good choice, but if you're not building and tuning to it, it's a waste.

muddinmetal said:
It is, I wouldn't trust my boosted motor with it unless it was tuned VERY safe
if you're running a boosted engine on it you're testing it at the pump or mixing your own. it ranges from Eupper60's to E78ish. Buddy that swears by it for Big power buys E99 and mixes with the pump crap and gets it the exact same every time so it matches his tune. My NA tune is safe enough and the octane value is good enough that I have no worries with pump E85. A/F stays perfectly in check. I did injector up 2 sizes.

Re:

onepieceatatime said:
Where would you get the ethanol from?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Lots of places that sell race fuel or other chemicals sell pure methanol, pure ethanol etc. Some even sell in bulk. there are Ethanol plants all over the midwest as well, there is one 25 minutes south of me.

Re: Re:

blacksheep10 said:
Lots of places that sell race fuel or other chemicals sell pure methanol, pure ethanol etc. Some even sell in bulk. there are Ethanol plants all over the midwest as well, there is one 25 minutes south of me.
I deliver fuel and I'm at ethanol plants a few times a week to bring back loads for the local terminals but I thought most of that just got mixed into regular gas as it went into the trucks because I never see it get loaded by itself, but that could just because we don't have any places that sell it. But as I'm typing this and thinking about it more I do remember we had a driver in the company a couple years ago that loaded straight ethanol and took it to station and put it in the 87 tank and ****ed a lot of **** up so I guess somebody could get it from the rack and take it somewhere to sell seperately.

Re: Re:

onepieceatatime said:
I deliver fuel and I'm at ethanol plants a few times a week to bring back loads for the local terminals but I thought most of that just got mixed into regular gas as it went into the trucks because I never see it get loaded by itself, but that could just because we don't have any places that sell it. But as I'm typing this and thinking about it more I do remember we had a driver in the company a couple years ago that loaded straight ethanol and took it to station and put it in the 87 tank and ****ed a lot of **** up so I guess somebody could get it from the rack and take it somewhere to sell seperately.

My buddy buys it in 55 gallon drums like people buy race fuel

Killshot runs e85 or C85 out a 55 gallon drum and so does Goforth in the Rumrunner. I think Affliction does as well
The 408 stroker LS motors seem to run good on it and they have been reliable so far as well.

My plan is to mix it myself because of the bad mixing at the pump. Thinking of a 85 ethanol to 15 turbo blue mixture. Any thoughts on that? There are a few ethanol plants around me that I thought about seeing if I could buy it from.

I looked into running it on mine ,but buying it by the barrel was the same price I could get 110 for at the time I haven't priced it since tho has the price gone down? 390$ is what I pay for 110. I have been thinking bout running e85 from the pump ,but running the Holley efi system as it's supposed to adjust its tune for different fuels been seeing it ran more and more at the track and some buddies have bout got me convinced to try the Holley system and e85 .

Re: Re: E-85

bouncerlife said:
My plan is to mix it myself because of the bad mixing at the pump. Thinking of a 85 ethanol to 15 turbo blue mixture. Any thoughts on that? There are a few ethanol plants around me that I thought about seeing if I could buy it from.
I don't think you'll be able to get from the actual ethanol plant because I don't think they're set up to sell such small quantities. Call your local fuel terminals that sell to gas stations and they can probably point ya in a direction to find it in retail form.