• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

ECORS ... hmmm looks interesting.

mikepotts

any guys using ford explorers for this in AA? could make for an interesting package with the drivetrains that were available... got me thinking about it...

We have had some Explorers in Class A (Modified Stock) class in the past but none currently that I know of.

The one thing I've seen fail the most on the Explorers are hubs and front axles.

Re: Re: ECORS ... hmmm looks interesting.

TBItoy said:
AA is a new class this year.

A v8 Explorer would probably do really good

thats what i was thinking, we all know what kind of stuff there is for the 5.0's, these had the 4R70W trans and there are some nice valve bodies/converters out there for them... already have the disc 8.8 (what all the XJ guys want LOL)... they are a little heavy though, if siomeone could put one on a diet, im guessing it might do pretty good. i will be at dayton to watch the action and get some ideas. ;)

Completely off the subject, I know :gtfo:, but Mike, is your Stang manually or exhaust driven?? My second favorite passion is fast cars.

Rik450 said:
Completely off the subject, I know :gtfo:, but Mike, is your Stang manually or exhaust driven?? My second favorite passion is fast cars.
off subject doesnt bother me bud... my car has a 347 with twisted wedge heads a vortech V1 SC trim supercharger and a 100 shot of wet N2O. i wonder if i could sneak the stang motor into an explorer to run in AA and not get caught... ;D

mikepotts said:
off subject doesnt bother me bud... my car has a 347 with twisted wedge heads a vortech V1 SC trim supercharger and a 100 shot of wet N2O. i wonder if i could sneak the stang motor into an explorer to run in AA and not get caught... ;D

That would be NASTY!!!!!!!!!!!! I had an 06 C6 Coupe and a 08 C6Z. Looking into another Z06 with a little forged rotating assembly and twins. thumb.gif

Re: Re: Re: ECORS ... hmmm looks interesting.

mikepotts said:

Motor would be a go, sc and spray not so much.

You wouldn't be able to drive fast enough with stock suspension to need that much motor anyway imo.

Now in A class, where you can run long travel and big boy shocks, Yes!

Re: Re: Re: ECORS ... hmmm looks interesting.

TBItoy said:
Motor would be a go, sc and spray not so much.

You wouldn't be able to drive fast enough with stock suspension to need that much motor anyway imo.

Now in A class, where you can run long travel and big boy shocks, Yes!
yeah i was just kidding... aint no way id take my baby apart. ;)