• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ecotec ecu tuning?

Pineygroveoffroad

Does anyone know a company that can mod the ecu for a Ecotec? I'm currently running a Ecotec 2.2 mated to Toyota 5speed drivetrain in my buggy but the ecu is for a auto trans. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Which car did your motor come from? Does it make good power? Id love to build a buggy with this setup but don't know much about them. Would love to know the answers to his question also.

I'm curious about this setup as well. The rail buggy guys love the ecotecs. Look over on woodsbuggy.com. Those guys have got some pretty good threads on putting ecotecs in vw rail buggies, they should have plenty of answers.

The engine came from a newer model Pontiac sunfire. With my setup it has a **** ton more power than the 20r with a weber it replaced! I'm running the 2.2 Ecotec aftermarket wiring harness, Elder fab made the adapter to mate it to a Yota 5speed, Yota tcase with trail gear 4.7 gears, fj40 axles with dirty 30's and 4:10 gears, 38.5/15/15 cut boggers, 113in wheelbase, 2700lb weight. For the money a good setup I think

Pineygroveoffroad said:
And on the ecu tuning I've found out a local LSX guru can tune it with hptuners stuff.

I just saw this thread, I've been doing a lot of research on these motors, and the Colorado/Canyon Atlas series engines.

Any pics of your setup? What powersteering setup did you use?

For anyone else looking at this, HPTuners or EFILive can both be used to tune pretty much any GM vehicles, so anyone with the software should at least be able to disable VATS and emissions stuff to get you running.

I'm using the factory steering pump with a psc orbital valve and psc single ram. I'll post some pics in a few.
As for the $ on the adapter, It's a one off that Elder fab made. I took him the trans and the engine and he just made it. The guy can build just about whatever. On the trans I'm not a big Yota :tc so I'm not familiar with the proper trans code but the transmission came from a 94 Toyota truck.

do u have any low oil pressure issues at high inclines due to sump being in front of the engine...
Enginewiring.com did my wiring he knows is stuff I think...

What year model header did u use?

I haven't had any oil pressure issues but I'm no hill killer either I mainly trail ride. I used the factory exhaust manifold, I bought a long tube header for it but it will need a few mods to fit properly.