• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Effing snow in the ham

Yup, up here in the north a few inches of snow on the road is a daye thing with the commute to work, still drive 55 mph but I suppose you get use to it and just kina let the vehicle slip and slide alittle comfortably

All the problems I saw were people stabbing the gas quick or jamming on the breaks. ****in retards. All I got is 4x4 F150 with wore out street tires and I had to make my tires spin. People ain't got any sense round here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EsPowell said:
All the problems I saw were people stabbing the gas quick or jamming on the breaks. ****in retards. All I got is 4x4 F150 with wore out street tires and I had to make my tires spin. People ain't got any sense round here

Same here, I had to try to break my tires loose. Made it from 280/459 intersection to calera in 3 hours. I was stuck on the 280 bridge going over 459 for a hour and half. I had to get out at one point and give the exploder next to
me a push. I've been riding the rzr around out here seeing if anyone needed some help.

I spent two years working all over the northeast, mainly eastern PA and all over NY on the weekends. I drove around in multiple bad snow storms in a 2wd work van. One of those resulting in an state of emergency just south of Albany. Maybe I am one of the chosen few southern rednecks that can drive in it :flipoff1:

The snow we get in Alabama is completely different. It turns to ice almost immediately and we have very little equipment to maintain the roads after that happens. Now I'm not saying that we don't have a large number of idiots that cant drive, but the driving conditions are not the same.

Re: Re: Re: Effing snow in the ham

85toyo said:
I spent two years working all over the northeast, mainly eastern PA and all over NY on the weekends. I drove around in multiple bad snow storms in a 2wd work van. One of those resulting in an state of emergency just south of Albany. Maybe I am one of the chosen few southern rednecks that can drive in it :flipoff1:

The snow we get in Alabama is completely different. It turns to ice almost immediately and we have very little equipment to maintain the roads after that happens. Now I'm not saying that we don't have a large number of idiots that cant drive, but the driving conditions are not the same.
ju6e8a2u.jpg

I remember when I worked in Inverness, if it rained or snowed everyone forgot how to drive completely

If you wanna see people freak out in the rain go to California. They totally lose it out there when the roads get wer

I had to go get the wife, daughter, and grandson at Sam's in Irondale. Streel level efed up with wrecks, so I hit the interstate in the 38 Special. Took me about an hour to get to them. I tried to go out an intersection leaving Sams and it started sliding. Well, grabbed reverse and cut the front end and managed to get the front end pointed at the car I was sliding into. Almost missed him, but caught his front bumper cover with a rapidly reversing red label. We both got out and it is loose and has tire tracks all over it. He says, "Looks good to me!". So, I pile back in and leaving him at the intersection, this time with a Hummer sliding toward him.

Made it to within 3/4 mile of the house and cars were everywhere and I was having to go real slow and weave in and out of the stuck ones. So, low range it is. As soon as I hit the rear, it went to neutral and the E-clip came off the Atlas shifter. Well now, front wheel drive only. That made it entertaining. Had to winch a few times once I got in the driveway, but made it home. I had some employees that slept at the 280 store last night as they got stuck on 280.

JohnG said:
I had to go get the wife, daughter, and grandson at Sam's in Irondale. Streel level efed up with wrecks, so I hit the interstate in the 38 Special. Took me about an hour to get to them. I tried to go out an intersection leaving Sams and it started sliding. Well, grabbed reverse and cut the front end and managed to get the front end pointed at the car I was sliding into. Almost missed him, but caught his front bumper cover with a rapidly reversing red label. We both got out and it is loose and has tire tracks all over it. He says, "Looks good to me!". So, I pile back in and leaving him at the intersection, this time with a Hummer sliding toward him.

Made it to within 3/4 mile of the house and cars were everywhere and I was having to go real slow and weave in and out of the stuck ones. So, low range it is. As soon as I hit the rear, it went to neutral and the E-clip came off the Atlas shifter. Well now, front wheel drive only. That made it entertaining. Had to winch a few times once I got in the driveway, but made it home. I had some employees that slept at the 280 store last night as they got stuck on 280.

That story is awesome and awful all at the same time... I wonder if you could sipe red labels to help them in the snow and on wet rocks without them chunking to pieces?

sledneck said:
Them red labels bring the suck in the snow and ice.
You got that rite! been buzzing all over town in my Tahoe with Michlelins no problem, go back, get my sammy out of the shop, back it into the street, put in drive and it would not even move out of its tracks in 2wd, put in 4wd, go to turn left out of my street, mash on it a little, and it pushes the front end straight, slid of in a big ass ditch 200 feet from the house! last time i had it in the snow, i had TSL's they did good, But my reds are the worst thing i have ever seen on ice and snow

JohnG said:

That's wild

Dropped my front drive shaft in my F250 Monday so Tuesday when they called school early in Chatt the drive up the mountain wasnt bad went back thirty minutes later in my wifes Tundra to Chatt, well the drive through Middle Valley and Hixson sucked roads turned to ice in no time flat. I slid though an intersection and later damn near a mail box locked in four high going to meet a friend who needed a ride. Drove home no issues after that but still saw people getting stuck left and right nobody much on the roads today here on the mountain wife made breakfast of eggs, gravy and biscuits, pancakes, and bacon stuffed as a tick so I dont want to move. Popped in a TTC dvd and the son and I are watching it by the fire place.