• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Elbe Rock crawl and Rainier Vista

i dont know if its possible or not but i could ask to barrow a dump truck, id just have to fill the fuel back up when i was done

I just put 100 gallons of diesel in my transfer tank and loaded it on the tow rig. A small dump truck with a steel box would be mucho helpful. A skilled driver could back it down the trail a long ways before having to dump.

If we did that, we could get one of the excavator's to load you up, run it down the trail.

I could also be used to haul someone's equipement. It sounds like we have a 120 excavator out there that needed to be hauled. If we have the truck, we then just need a trailer to put it on.

So are we on for this Saturday? If so I'd like to advertise this a bit and see what we can get for manpower.

The trails get better without maitainance, why would you want to make it easier?:corn:

We are trying to make more interesting obstacles. That have very little impact on the land. Its kinda a give N take. We try to work with the DNR N they try N work with us. If we did nothing to keep the land impact in check. Elbe would be like Reiter CLOSED.

So are we on for this Saturday? If so I'd like to advertise this a bit and see what we can get for manpower.

Yes, we are on for Saturday.

I would say that the most important thing to bring is all your recovery gear. Old winch cables, hooks, snatch block, D-rings etc. Some of the smaller rocks we may just find a way to hook up to a cable and drag them in. The hard part is keeping them connected to the tow rig and not destroying your cable or strap at the same time. OLD straps and cables along with stuff to make cable repairs. Pinch clamps and hack saws for example would come in VERY handy.

I'm planning to have the heavy equipment starting right at around 8am and we'll be focusing on the short upper section of the trail first. If we able to get someone to bring one or more mini's or good size tractors with a backhoe attachment we can use them to help load the trailer with rocks and/or do site prep at the top of the hill climb and start digging rocks in as they're drug up the hill.

Bringing your old winch cabling to get as many people hauling rocks up the hill one by one will keep everyone busy. The more people that we can get moving rocks the more work the excavators can do actually creating the obstacles.

Don't be surprised to see a few "articulating whoops" and other types of obstacles get built into this trail :)

I just put 100 gallons of diesel in my transfer tank and loaded it on the tow rig. A small dump truck with a steel box would be mucho helpful. A skilled driver could back it down the trail a long ways before having to dump.

If we did that, we could get one of the excavator's to load you up, run it down the trail.

I could also be used to haul someone's equipement. It sounds like we have a 120 excavator out there that needed to be hauled. If we have the truck, we then just need a trailer to put it on.

Its not small though....

Yes, we are on for Saturday.

I would say that the most important thing to bring is all your recovery gear. Old winch cables, hooks, snatch block, D-rings etc. Some of the smaller rocks we may just find a way to hook up to a cable and drag them in. The hard part is keeping them connected to the tow rig and not destroying your cable or strap at the same time. OLD straps and cables along with stuff to make cable repairs. Pinch clamps and hack saws for example would come in VERY handy.

I'm planning to have the heavy equipment starting right at around 8am and we'll be focusing on the short upper section of the trail first. If we able to get someone to bring one or more mini's or good size tractors with a backhoe attachment we can use them to help load the trailer with rocks and/or do site prep at the top of the hill climb and start digging rocks in as they're drug up the hill.

Bringing your old winch cabling to get as many people hauling rocks up the hill one by one will keep everyone busy. The more people that we can get moving rocks the more work the excavators can do actually creating the obstacles.

old truck snowchains work great for moving rocks. They wrap around the rocks nice and then just hook your cable up and winch them around

old truck snowchains work great for moving rocks. They wrap around the rocks nice and then just hook your cable up and winch them around

Yes, those would be perfect!

I have a set for an old 4runner that are still in the bags. When am I going to have a truck with 30" tires ever again LOL!

Might as well put them to use.

That's a great idea:awesomework:

I was gonna mention making a rock cradle out of old winch cable, but thats a much better idea! Big truck chains are made out of like 3/8" chain, so they would be tough too. Awesome!:awesomework:

For the trailer I need two sheets of 1/4" plate: 34.5" x 82.5", two big greasable snatch blocks and some square tubing to reinforce the removable ramp and build the a-frame on the tongue. It will be pretty simple. I am going to cut the rear winch cable down to the length I need and 3/4 of a layer on the drum so it will have lots of pulling power.

Does anyone have two 10,000lb+ geaseable bearing snatch blocks we can use?

I think I have a snatch block off a duece and a 1/2 that I can donate to the cause. I'll have to dig it up. I'm not going up though i'll have to find someone to send it up with, Assuming i find it. Would like to go, but lucky for me I get to host a birthday party for 16 fifth graders:booo:

sorry I wont be able to make it this weekend I will be out of town all weekend. Any other stuff that needs to be donated?

Money. So far I have $100 in metal, $175 towards the trailer, $330 in fuel, $500 towards an excavator coming out of my pocket...

Help would be appreciated.

Gibby, do you want me to publicize this and get the word out?

We need to start a thread and get a list going so we know where we stand. If we want people to help we need to advertise this better. Are we trying to keep it small?

Gibby, do you want me to publicize this and get the word out?

We need to start a thread and get a list going so we know where we stand. If we want people to help we need to advertise this better. Are we trying to keep it small?

We don't need it huge. As far as moving rocks up the hill behind rigs. Probably 3-4 teams would suffice. If we get more equipment, we can get more people going.

more rocks

ill load in my trailer need gone ,nice trailer need healthy rig too pull load mine wont work at the moment check out the <free section> for an idea of what im talkin about. 2-3 ton appx. ill pay for gas is not a problem need them of property doing some relandscaping..:corn: