• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Engine coolant temp warning light

1tonjeep

Has any one installed a engine coolant temp warning light on there rig if so how do you do this I have been researching how to do it an what's needed but can't find anything..thanks for any feedback

Speedway/summit/jegs has kits or just the sending unit

It's just like adding an aftermarket gauge, except the temp sending unit closes at a certain temp and turns on the light.

Re:

http://www.jegs.com/i/Longacre+Racing/441/40152/10002/-1?CAWELAID=1710568620&CAGPSPN=pla&catargetid=230006180000848645&cadevice=m&gclid=CO_Mue3bucECFWkV7AodO1UAhQ
That's a 230°F

In the buggy I used the Summit tach with water,oil and volt gauges inside the face. Bad part is the gauges are really too small to glance at and get a good reading, my eyes aren't getting better these days either.
So I ordered up a low oil pressure and high water temp warning light kits from Jegs, same as the above link, because they had trigger points for the light that fit my needs.
I absolutely love the lights, when they come on you notice it immediately.
Red for low oil pressure, blue for high water temp, smaller red and green are alternator and check engine light.

There are also 3 gauge kits out there that include warning light for each gauge.

I am running a amc 304 with howell fuel injection the coolant temp señor for that is on the thermostat housing I got a mechanical gauge tied in on the back of the intake I would like to still have a gauge would it be possible to run a gauge an a warning light out of that one whole if so what would I need for that thanks for everyone's responses an help

usually a temp sending unit will work better if it is submerged in fluid, so you need to find another spot to put your sending unit (rather than using a T).

There should be another place on the intake to put a sending unit (or a boss that hasnt' been drilled/tapped yet)