• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Engine running hot, need some help.

offrd

I have a 8.1L that is getting warm,temp about 225 at idle. I can rev the engine up to a higher steady rpm and the temp will drop back to a normal 210. I only have electric fans and I have been running this motor a little over a year now. It usually only got warm after being hard on it but now as I said it gets warm just idling around. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

May be the impeller on the water pump. Had a mazda truck do that once and the impeller was real loose. I guess when the rpm was high it would tighten up. Just a internet guess though. :dblthumb:

The radiator is a griffin radiator fully shrouded with dual fans. No pics right now. The radiator is also up front and laid back at an angle.

Could have an air pocket if radiator cap has went bad? Possible Cracked head? Just from my expierence. Does your oil cap have a milky film on it when you pull it off?

Replace the thermostat today, think it was only opening half way. Seems like its running closer to a normal temp, will have to ride to find out for sure. Thanks for the input.