• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Engine stalls after letting off full throttle

hmtrunner

I have OL Pink's parts in a new chassie and after letting off at WOT it stalls out and I have to restart it. Is there a something that I could do to fix this? The motor is a 355 on propane with a 425 mixer. Other than this the motor runs great.

I am new to propane. Where is this setting at? I rebuilt the vaporizer and checked all of the diaphragms for damage. Is it the allen screw on the back of the mixer.

Did this just start or has it been a problem, and has something been changed?

I have not driven it much after getting it finished, took it out a couple of times when you get on it hard then let off quick it will stall out, if you keep hitting the gas it will continue to run till you let all the way off. Other than rebuilding the vaporizer and checking the mixer nothing has been done.

Read up on 'tuning propane'

Adjust the throttle blade open ever so slightly and that'll help you... Then after you know exactly how to dial in the tune close it back down and tweak it from there

TURNEROFFROAD said:
Read up on 'tuning propane'

Adjust the throttle blade open ever so slightly and that'll help you... Then after you know exactly how to dial in the tune close it back down and tweak it from there
Where is the best place to get tuning info on Pane? Having problems with my 355 also. Thanks for the info.

Are you running a vacuum lockoff valve, if so where is it connected to a vacuum source? If is is connected to manifold vacuum when you go WOT there is no vacuum so the lockoff valve will shut off the fuel. It needs to be connected to a port ABOVE the throttle blades(ported vacuum).

Also, check for vacuum leaks around the mixer. We see more vacuum leak problems than any other problem when repairing or setting up propane systems.

If you still have problems give me a call.

Buddy Gamel
Precision Sales & Service, Inc.
451 64th Place South
Birmingham, Ala. 35212

877-403-7827
205-591-2267, fax

[email protected]
[email protected]
www.alternatefuel.com
www.workhorseservice.com

I do not have a block off valve installed. I adjusted the throttle screw in 1/4 turn and I think i got it fix till I can run it some where again, it sounds good and will rev to 6000
and not stall out when let off fast. I will call if I need to later. Thanks for the help Fellas.