• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

EOR 321 "Big Sexy" Build...

Glen1978

Sun does shine on a DOGS ASS!
Well thought I would get over here and get some pics up of the progress so far and what I got planned. I picked up a 321 kit from Jimmy over at EOR about a month ago after I sold my Ftoy. All I can say is Jimmy is a very standup guy! Thanks! Anyway here are the specs.

321 chassis
steer Rocks front and rear steered by PSC
6.0 LQ4 from 07 H2 Hummer w/29K miles
TH400, RMVB w/compression braking, 4L80E sprag
Atlas 5.44 4 speed
Alum. 2.5" links w/1.25" heims (think that is big enuff?)
47" LTB's on BL's (Stazworks, Allied, MRW...not sure yet) feel free to offer suggestions.
Coilovers at all 4 corners...Bilstein perhaps?

Anyway here are some pics of my junk so far.
DSCN0695.sized.jpg

DSCN0698.sized.jpg

DSCN0701.sized.jpg

DSCN0708.sized.jpg

nice start its a real easy chassy to work with.got a friend that lives down there his name is roger carrol

The AC rocks! It is a 08 650 H1. I got 29.5 Outlaws on it, snorkeled and radiator on the front rack. Ever since I put the 29.5's on it every time you lock in the front locker it is gonna bust a front axle. I got the first one replaced under warranty and the next time out I busted it within 3 hours. Time for Gorillas! Ive had it over the rack several times and it just goes! Water wheelies like a mutha!

Looks good, thanks for the joining the boards and posting up your build thread. Definately a SE rock bouncer in the works!!!

Thanks man! Im just jealous I aint closer to wheel with you guys! I HATE CRAWLIN!

I started doing some finish welding on it tonight and then ran out of gas....gota go pick up some tomorrow. Ready to get it off the 'jig' and get it down on the floor and start doing some mock up. I really thought this thing was gona take forever to build but I just keep finding good deals on parts. I found a good deal on a Atlas II in 3.0 flavor but it has 1350 yokes on it. Not sure that is gona be enuff for my drivetrain and driving style. Also not sure if the 3.0 is gonna be low enough. Will put me at 50 to 1 with it all geared down.

No updates really. Still need to finish welding it up. I bought a little 4 linked Yota truggy with tons and 40's under it to wheel in the meantime and been fixing some stuff on it. Im gonna take my time on the 321 buggy and do everything right on it. Try not to rush and half ass suff, etc. This little truggy I bought is bad ass and gonna make a helluva backup rig when Sexy is done.

Well I went to Hot Springs, AR this past weekend with the little Yota and confirmed my fears. I need more motor and more tires. 4 squirrels and 39.5's just aint gonna get it for me. It was pretty wet there and after the big Rockwell'd and 44" tired rigs came through I was ****ed. I would back out and go around to the the top and hearing them ****ers bangin' off the rev limiters got my blood boiling....LOL!! I did end up twisting a rear driveshaft up like a giant doobie though.

Anyway I got Sexy all welded out except for the rear kickers to the rear hoop and the right front shock hoop brace. Took it off the table and got it down on the ground. I built some stands to hold the Rockwells in the right place and while I was ****in with them I pulled my back out BIG TIME! I can barely walk. Oh well, its looking like something now. Let the sitting on fivegallon buckets with the tires rolled in the right spot pics begin.

Well been at work for the last 3 days taking it easy letting my back heal up. Hopefully I can get home and get the chassis set at ride height then will probably be in for a big wait while I save up for my beadlocks, Atlas, BTF link mounts and alum links......theres $5K easy right there.

Anybody got any comments on MRW 40 bolt BL's? I like the Stazworks but they are about $3-400 more than the MRW's. Granted that price is just a single BL's from MRW where Staz'z **** is double.

I like the stazz but I ran across my wheels and tires at a deal. I always have liked Allieds and hope they do as well for me as they do for all the rock racers. You know eagle machine in Columbia, TN can make you some fancy outer rings out of aluminum for 500.00 . Pretty much any design you want.

Well I have owned a set of Allieds but never ran them....LOL! Was just reading on here about people bending them. I might call EOR up tomorrow and see what he can get me a set for.

The Aluminum ones I was worried about. And asked on here and pirate before purchasing and they all said good things. I am sure if you take a hard hit on them or a flop with the rig weight on one wheel they could bend. But again i got mine at a good price.

Latest posts