• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Evens Creek inspections?

I just got pulled over about a month ago for my bumper height (didn't even have my rear bumper on), no mudflaps, and fenders not covering my tires. The officer told me that my bumper height had to be 22 inch. Ya know a number of stock trucks out there have higher that 22" bumper and I think thats a bunch of BS. why do they pick on us for having our tires not covered and no mudflaps when you see hotrods driving around without any fenders at all?????

gotrocks said:
I just got pulled over about a month ago for my bumper height (didn't even have my rear bumper on), no mudflaps, and fenders not covering my tires. The officer told me that my bumper height had to be 22 inch. Ya know a number of stock trucks out there have higher that 22" bumper and I think thats a bunch of BS. why do they pick on us for having our tires not covered and no mudflaps when you see hotrods driving around without any fenders at all?????

There is a "nice day law" so the hot rods can come out with no finders.So you are also able to do so.If its raining thats a defferent story.Then the cops will have a hay day with you.

it was a beatiful day and oh yeah I've used that one on a cop before for the same thing a couple year ago. He got pissed and was like I don't know what your talking about.

i used to carry a print out of the updated rcw law for "the open tire law" to give the officer every time ive gotten pulled over cause my tires were sticking out too far, but could only do it on nice days, tha last time i was pulled over, a rock flew from my tire and hit the officers wind shield, THAT SUCKED.

I wheeled up there for 10 years and never saw a cop past Wilkeson, he's just up there cos his wife ain't puttin out.

That "open tire" law is very specific. Can't recall exactly but I think it only applied to 40 year or older vehicles, on dry pavement, going to or from an event. I don't feel like looking it up but that is what I recall last time I looked at it.

the open tire law (at least the copy that i have)was updated i think about 4/5 years ago, cause of all the new style roadsters that came out. my friends mom (works for DOT) printed it out for me, if i find it ill post the link for it

Last X-Mas I was up above Greenwater (FR70) and was stopped by a County Mounty. He gave me all the specific laws I was breaking.
Bumper to high
No mudflaps
No fender flares
No front license plate:rolleyes:
To high a lift for a road legal vehicle (8in)
He said I could get the pamplet of the rules from the State Patrol Office.
Yeah, like I was going to make a special trip there.
He told me to have my fun today but it better be on a trailer the next time.:kissmyass:

Turbone said:
Last X-Mas I was up above Greenwater (FR70) and was
He told me to have my fun today but it better be on a trailer the next time.:kissmyass:

:haha: :haha: :flipoff:

Well for how much most of us drive our trail rigs I wish they'd leave us alone. But it won't happen, I guess they have rules for a reason, its just some seem really stupid.

Most of the laws they tag 4x4's for during inspections can be read here, including copies of the flyer that the Staters hand out during stops.

http://www.wattora.com/walaws/

The open tire law that is being speculated about is;

RCW 46.37.500
Fenders or splash aprons.

(1) Except as authorized under subsection (2) of this section, no person may operate any motor vehicle, trailer, or semitrailer that is not equipped with fenders, covers, flaps, or splash aprons adequate for minimizing the spray or splash of water or mud from the roadway to the rear of the vehicle. All such devices shall be as wide as the tires behind which they are mounted and extend downward at least to the center of the axle.

(2) A motor vehicle that is not less than forty years old or a street rod vehicle that is owned and operated primarily as a collector's item need not be equipped with fenders when the vehicle is used and driven during fair weather on well-maintained, hard-surfaced roads.

If you want to know more, EVERY Washington State law is here for the searching;

http://search.leg.wa.gov/pub/textsearch/default.asp