• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Everyone's thoughts on changing the name of a buggy.

bouncerlife said:
So what's everyone's thoughts on changing the name of a buggy? Example if I go buy Jake Burkeys Riot buggy and decide I want to rename it to insanity. Is it an unwritten rule that you dont do that or What?

Do you own a bouncer? Are you thinking about renaming it?

There are strict naming rules that have to take place for it to be a legit name.
1) buggies have to be named on the trail or during your race if your a racer.
2) you can't name it only your buddies can.
3) if you don't follow the above your name is gay and it's really a no name rig. You can give hints of what you would like but they don't have to listen.
4) This doesn't apply to TC or Bobby Tanner.
:****:

Molly Hatchet said:
There are strict naming rules that have to take place for it to be a legit name.
1) buggies have to be named on the trail or during your race if your a racer.
2) you can't name it only your buddies can.
3) if you don't follow the above your name is gay and it's really a no name rig. You can give hints of what you would like but they don't have to listen.
4) This doesn't apply to TC or Bobby Tanner.
:****:

or plowboy

redneckengineered said:
There are a lot of stupid threads on Hardline but this one may take the crown, at least until Badturdmobilewill registers a new account and decides to start posting again.

at least someone gets it :wtflol:

buncha grown ass men in the woods referring to themselves in 3rd person AND IN ALL CAPS OF COURSE BECAUSE BOUNCE IS LYFE SON

Re: Re: Everyone's thoughts on changing the name of a buggy.

slravenel said:
at least someone gets it :wtflol:

buncha grown ass men in the woods referring to themselves in 3rd person AND IN ALL CAPS OF COURSE BECAUSE BOUNCE IS LYFE SON
Lmfao

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Re: Everyone's thoughts on changing the name of a buggy.

Mine is called the cheese wagon I want to change the name myself and it's not even finished yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I, for one, am glad buggies have names because when I talk about them to people/friends, it is easy as hell to say exactly what buggy I am talking about. The more time passes, the more likely it is an individual would have owned more than 1 buggy, so to say "John's buggy" does not cover what buggy I am talking about.

Buggies have a tendency to take on a personality and having a name goes right a long with it. Frostbite / Green Goblin / Nemesis... I like that they have those names and my brain immediately puts an image in my head of what it looks like.

As for the original thread, I probably would not be the one to rename a buggy. I like the idea of a name sticking. However sometimes you see color changes and overhauls and a name change will occur. 9 finger to Snow white.

Funny ass thread with some great responses !

But to reply to the OP's question , there's no way in hell I'd change the name of a "famous" rig.

I was at TTC in '10 when FatGirl was there and it was like camping next to a celeberty...everybody at the event got pics in it or In front of it. Grown damn men giggling as they sat in the seat was a riot, hell even the park rangers came back after hours with their families to take advantage of the photo op.

In my opinion naming yer own **** is gay....... it has to be given/earned.... kinda feel like yer friends should name it. It should be a general consensus and fit it well....
Mine was called Mookie because my frens were drunk around camp fire trying to come up with name. When of them was being cheesy and tried to say "black momba" an it came out slurred as Mookie..... and so it was.....

Re:

Much like hurricanes, sometimes I name the dumps that I take. I recently took an EddyJ. I almost changed the name to BugEJ, but it really looked more like an EddyJ. Post Mexican food and all.

Re:

TacomaJD said:
Much like hurricanes, sometimes I name the dumps that I take. I recently took an EddyJ. I almost changed the name to BugEJ, but it really looked more like an EddyJ. Post Mexican food and all.

Don't you have some grass clippings to bitch about on your mo ped?

Re:

money_pit_yj said:
If I ever bought your buggy I would paint it black and call it the black panther :rolf: :stir:
You bring me the cash it would take to get it you can write home sexual things about me all over the side. :****: