• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Extended Brake Lines

Fattz

Does anyone, "auto part stores" make extended brake lines anymore? I got a 86 Bronco II with a EB 9" in the rear and I was using a stock 79 Bronco brake line but it is tattered and needs replacing with something longer.

Try a hydraulic shop instead. As far as auto parts type stores Napa is probably your only option.

Try a hydraulic shop instead.
Yup,. many of them are set up to make custom OEM style brake lines. That's the way to go. Take your old hose in and say "make this, but longer." They'll cost about what the same hose premade from a parts house would cost.

Williams oil filter in Tacoma, they make em' while you wait.
Great prices too, and i've never had any problem with mine. They make any custom hydraulic hoses you could want.
If you want, i'll get the number when I get home.

Kevin

Another option is to put two stock brake lines together, making one longer line. The benifit is if you break one you can replace it at any parts store.

well no luck hear locally. anybody know of anybody closer than Tacoma? maybe Everett area. i dont mind going to Tacoma but only if theres no one closer. lilbko i would try summit but dont want to have to deal with getting the wrong part.

the deal is the hard line is Bronco 2 stock and the flex line i was using was stock 79 full size Bronco. i tried to use the extended BII brake line that i had but could not find fittings to match it up with the the EB Bronco axle lines.

Fattz, You would order the SS kit so you would cut it how long you need it and put the ends on :;