• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Extreme 4x4, Power Nation...

WTH

Anyone know what happens to the cars in all the car shows? I mean are they just stored in a garage somewhere after built or are they built for someone and they just put them on the show?

Little bit of everything: some are stored, some are for customers, some are for manufacturers, some are giveaways, some are their own. I've talked to Ryan from Trucks back when the TOR forum was popular. The 5.9 Limited Grand Cherokee they did was his own personal vehicle. At the time he was selling the black YJ they did forever ago.

Went and met ian one time.., bought a bunch of tcase from me and sum buddies...... All the power block showed are in one nondescript building.....each show has like a little room to shot in. I was amazed how little the shop was like 2000 sq feet.but they all shared a common area where they stored all the rides they were working on....it was neat to see all the rides the most awesome was a NEW 1968 mustang body in the crate just shipped in from somewhere oversees only thing was shippers dropped a crate on the top and crushed the top in..

Corky Coker owns the 409 Impala now, and it's definately a 50 footer. Gaps are terrible, air ride doesn't work, paint sucks. But hey, it's a tv car and it served its purpose.

yankster said:
Luckily they're not crushing them like they used to.

This is true. I know that's the reason Stacy David left the show trucks. A lot of the rigs he built got crushed, they wouldn't even sell them to him. The c10 copperhead, the regular cab dodge, crazy horse bronco, they got kept. The regular cab dodge, he still has, I've seen it on his show now a couple times.

Wasnt aware they used to crush the builds :'( :'( I remember watching Trucks before I could drive, some of the stuff Stacey built was flashemifyougotem

Something about hosting an automotive show must require strange hair. Between him, Ian Johnson, and the classic car guy with the huge mustache, there's some sort of conspiracy going on.

The hair comment reminded me of the jackass episode where every cast member and all the camera crew plus producer shaved their nut sacks and had one guy glue all the hair to his face for a disguise.

Not until he got some in his mouth and was totally done did they reveal the secret. It was awesome

LightBnDr said:
The hair comment reminded me of the jackass episode where every cast member and all the camera crew plus producer shaved their nut sacks and had one guy glue all the hair to his face for a disguise.

Not until he got some in his mouth and was totally done did they reveal the secret. It was awesome
That was on "Jackass" the movie

Lmao better than I remembered!!

Moral of the story, Stacy and Ian COULD be part of a terrorist joke?

I went and did an interview for the 4x4 show before they ever filmed the first show, Joe Elmore did the interview as I was being filmed. They called be back and told me that Stacy David got the job because he had been on camera before. This was a long time ago when they were in Hendersonville before moving to a big building in Franklin. I always thought how bad I must have been.

tnbronco said:
I went and did an interview for the 4x4 show before they ever filmed the first show, Joe Elmore did the interview as I was being filmed. They called be back and told me that Stacy David got the job because he had been on camera before. This was a long time ago when they were in Hendersonville before moving to a big building in Franklin. I always thought how bad I must have been.

That's awesome, image if you would have made the show flashemifyougotem sorry you didn't, I'm sure you have skills just to get a interview.

Re:

Trucks has sucked since stacey left. I remember him talking about all the vehicles that were donated and modified were destroyed upon completion which sucks. Alot of them were customer or personal vehicles.

Re: Re: Extreme 4x4, Power Nation...

poolman said:
Stacy David gets on my nerves :woody:
No crap I can't stand adds with him or anything else to do with him. The way he does his build it's like talking to a three year old, but heck I think even my three year old wouldn't want to hear him or see him on television.

I used to love the Power Block is it still even on anymore?

Ya it's on thank god he's not on it. Only shows I record are 4x4 and hp tv. Trucks is OK sometimes, mostly just bolt on stuff