Are you coming?

• Not my thing...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gibby1

Did I BREAK that.......
Hey, I get to post the first thread in this section!

Comet asked me to post up over here on the new board.

The faithwheelers are hosting our 5th annual Obstacle Course and Mud Bog on June 17th, 2006. Same location at Cranberry Lake, WA, near Eatonville on Hwy 7.

I'll have a flyer up with details on our website shortly, at www.faithwheelers.com. I don't think anyone will like my 12MB word file that I have for printing the flyers....

The event has something for EVERYONE and is a completely family safe event. NO ALCOHOL is allowed on site. We've just about inked a deal for something BRAND NEW this year. In additional to completing the buggy hill we're working a deal with Enumclaw Suzuki to bring out a bunch of demo quads for the little kids, 6 - 16 so that they have something to do as well. As with everything else, it will be FREE for the kids. It's not set in stone yet as we have to iron out insurance details, but the owner of Enumclaw Suzuki, Clem is very keen on the idea.

We have something for EVERY offroad rig. The Obstacle Course is a track designed for the 33" tires and smaller. For the less modified rigs this is a LOT of fun. It's designed to offer challenging lines for those who want to try, as well as bypasses at the tougher spots. We had people run this as many as 9 times last year!
tn_003.jpg
tn_015.jpg
tn_032.jpg

The Tuff Truck Course is designed for the big boys. There are obstacles that require significant articulation, tons of traction, perhaps a little water proofing and a significant amount of driver skill. We've worked on this to try to challenge every vehicle. LWB will do well on some while the SWB will do well on others. We have extraction equipment and recovery vehicles at all the critical points to keep traffic flowing.
tn_DVC00273.JPG
tn_IMG_1529.jpg
tn_536048_198_full.jpg

tn_17.jpg
19.jpg
tn_33.jpg

tn_dsc_0059.jpg
tn_event026.jpg
tn_p1010739.jpg

Twin mud bogs to those who like to get dirty! We're going to shorten these up a bit from last year. By the end of the event, they'd grown to about 400' long! If you were there last year... we're going to push the starting area about 100' or more into the pit and see if we can dry it out and firm up the ground. The best part of the pit turned out to be the area past the bog by the end of the day. We'll try to take advantage of that this year as part of the bog. Expect these to be VERY tough, hopefully a little drier than last year and as usual they tend to get easier as the day goes on and everything get's slopped up. So if you've got a big bad mud bogger and want to show your stuff and be the first one through, come early!
Just in case no one believes that Robin will play in the mud.
tn_dsc_0073.jpg

tn_p1010718.jpg
tn_event018.jpg
tn_0027277-R2-047-22.jpg

The rock buggy hill will be completed this year. We only had a couple of buggies show up last year. I hope this year a few more come to play on this obstacle. It's open to everyone but if you're not prepared to handle a roll over, you probably won't want to play on this. We always attempt to make everything safe but this is an extreme obstacle and the risk of a rollover on an obstacle like this is always very real.
This is smoke coming off Porter's tires.
tn_event011.jpg

tn_10.jpg
tn_dsc_0044.jpg

Last edited:
I won't be up that way until September:shake:
I will try to get there next year:super:

Looks pretty rad, hope theres some stuff my :rb: Jeep grand caravan can handle :flipoff:

Kelly said:
Looks pretty rad, hope theres some stuff my :rb: Jeep grand caravan can handle :flipoff:

Well see I hope:clappy:

Planning on going and running the course. But the water holes might be something I pass on. but we'll see, if they dont look to bad I'll do them.

JOOP said:
Planning on going and running the course. But the water holes might be something I pass on. but we'll see, if they dont look to bad I'll do them.

Every obstacle can be bypassed.

The tuff truck course is set up for 35" and larger tires so you can expect the water to be pretty deep. However, for safety and the enjoyment of the users we don't try to make is so deep that we're drowing out motors. Last year I believe one toy did suck in a breather full of water but everyone else did just fine.
The reason I like to do so much water is because it makes the obstacle unknown. If you don't know how deep, or where's there's a hole, log or rock underneath... It can give an otherwise easy obstacle quite an adrenaline rush, especially when you're going nose in!

I just dont want to destroy my motor. already have a but load of money invested in it and it only has about 30k miles on it.

JOOP said:
I just dont want to destroy my motor. already have a but load of money invested in it and it only has about 30k miles on it.

When I design and build these obstacles it's with fun and challenge in mind, not carnage. We also have spotters all over the place helping out. If you come up to an obstacle and damage is GOING to happen, we'll do our best to advise you. If you're just going to get stuck, we could care less, that's half the fun, the other half is NOT getting stuck :super:

There are some people who'll say,"I don't care, it's a piece of junk, let me at it!" That's when we get the camera out, sit back and laugh. If we tell you you can get through safely, you can. The big dog course is pretty tough. I think Robin was the only way who made it through the entire course without help. We also have the smaller truck course that's just as much fun and anyone can go on that one. We had a stock TUNDRA squeeze through that course last year. He went several times:cheer:

Water and my jeep have never got along....motor always runs like total crap in anything over 2'....must get some sensor wet or somthing....

We'll see, if I can get a tow down, and my "parts" rig comes thru, it might just be game on :clappy:

Gibby said:
When I design and build these obstacles it's with fun and challenge in mind, not carnage. We also have spotters all over the place helping out. If you come up to an obstacle and damage is GOING to happen, we'll do our best to advise you. If you're just going to get stuck, we could care less, that's half the fun, the other half is NOT getting stuck :super:

There are some people who'll say,"I don't care, it's a piece of junk, let me at it!" That's when we get the camera out, sit back and laugh. If we tell you you can get through safely, you can. The big dog course is pretty tough. I think Robin was the only way who made it through the entire course without help. We also have the smaller truck course that's just as much fun and anyone can go on that one. We had a stock TUNDRA squeeze through that course last year. He went several times:cheer:

What?? YOU design and BUILD???? I Guess you forgot about all the other members that help.

Kelly said:
Water and my jeep have never got along....motor always runs like total crap in anything over 2'....must get some sensor wet or somthing....
:

its a JEEP THING hahahaha

landbruiser1 said:
What?? YOU design and BUILD???? I Guess you forgot about all the other members that help.

No, I didn't forget about all the other members. I should have said WE. I stand corrected.

Last edited:
If I get Jeremy's $75-100 each depending on the tire. I have 3 spares.

landbruiser1 said:
If you get the others, I will take them all 3.
I told Jeremy I'd take his. I'll have 4 decent tires for you if you want. I don't need 7 tires! 6 maybe, but not 7!

Now back to our regularly scheduled topic.

this looks like fun!!! might have to see what i can pull together to go, my son would love it as much as me!

Landbruiser set us up with a GREAT new sponsor this year. He'll be running an RTI competition and Bobby Long will be providing the prizes! Not sure how it's all going to turn out but I do know that a set of Long Locks are in the prize list!

This is a TALL 30 degree ramp just like they use in the top truck challenge.
This is all I could get on the ramp and I drove over the one at 4WPs a couple of weekends ago.
ramp2.JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.