• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

few pics of my 4Runner

bluetoy

rice bouncer
Definately not as bad as most of the rigs on here, but I thought I'd share a few pics of my latest build. Had to have something to haul the wife and kids around on the trail.

Specs:
'86 4Runner bobbed 10", exo cage
'99 tacoma 3RZ 4cyl, w56 5spd, dual cases with a 4.7 gearset in the rear case
Stock rear axle, 5.29s welded diff, solid axle swap, 5.29s lockright, dirty 30 chromo shafts
stock leaf springs on both ends. No lift at all.
38.5 SX's on MRW beadlocks.

4runner_072.jpg

4runner_074.jpg

4runner_063.jpg

First run at Hale mtn.
0813111454.jpg

0813111453.jpg

HELL...what you talikn bout....that thang lookin BADDASS man :dblthumb:

I usually hate exo cages, but that one is not OVERDONE,.... so I ain,t mad at it ANY ;D

I would love to have a rig like that for Harlan trail riding :****:

Thanks guys. thumb.gif It's not an extreme rig, but it should do good on most trails. My main objective for this rig was to have a comfortable family trail rig so I can take my wife and two little boys out with me.

I agree wiith you Zukiscott. I hate an exo cage that looks like a jungle gym. I tried to keep it as minimal as I could and still keep the kids safe and also keep the body from getting totally trashed after a few rides. I also built it as close to the body as I could. It is less than 1/8" off the body in places. I took the sleeves out of the body bushings and tightened the bolts as tight as I could to keep the body from flexing on the frame and getting into the cage.

I'll planning on building a low budget toyota buggy this winter so I can still get crazy on the harder stuff if I want to.

it is def. a sweet little truck and it runs strong to i know because he actually let me drive it and said he was gonna let beat on it in the rocks to i cant wait. :woot: :****: :driving:

Yeah, whats left of the top will slide in under the cage. I gutted all the glass and rear window mechanism out of the tailgate and top. Also cut off the back half of the top to try to save some weight back there. I'm gonna have some vinyl windows and rear half made to seal it off during the winter. I probably got rid of at least 250# over the stock stuff.

zukiscott said:
SEE........full lid capability for shitty weather wheelin makes it BADDASS yall loller.gif

Got that right!!! I like this thing alot!! How hard was the 3RZ swap :dunno: Hydro assist or anything?

The 3RZ swap was not that bad. Everything is on the opposite side of a 22RE, so you have to move a lot of stuff. This is the second 3RZ swap I've done, so it went much faster knowing all the details. The wiring is really the hardest part, but I've got it down now. I've also done several 22re swaps and a wired up a 3FE inline six in my buddy's '73 FJ40. I've about got the toyota wiring figured out.

Here's a pic of the motor.
100_2074-1.jpg

100_2077-1.jpg

wiring pics:

101_1179.jpg

This was all that was needed to build a stand alone harness.

101_1186.jpg

If you know anything about a 4runner , you know the stock gas tanks hang down too low and bring the suck. It would have not lasted one trip, so i built an aluminm fuel cell and moved it to rear of the frame. I used a stock FJ60 pump and sending unit in it. That way I still have the reliability of the toyota pump and a working fuel gage. Holds 15 gallons.

100_2051.jpg

I'd like to do this swap or something my truck is begging for another motor! It's a 87 Pickup with a 22r(carb) :puke: Is the 3RZ alot more power than the 22r?

B.DRAKE said:
I'd like to do this swap or something my truck is begging for another motor! It's a 87 Pickup with a 22r(carb) :puke: Is the 3RZ alot more power than the 22r?

Don't quote me but I believe it is 200 horsepower. From what I've heard it is a real seat of the pants difference