• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

First Rock Buggy Build.

Re: First Rock Buggy Build Thread.

al1tonyota said:
The low pinion 60's don't generally hold up well ESP to 400-500 hp the lower the gear ratio the higher the probability of breaking!

Irocs are light and a 39 is small for tons you may be ok until you get some good tires!
Lauderdale...I hope my questions aren't infringing to your build thread. Maybe my questions and concerns will help you out as well. I will be running 4:56 gears, I don't believe those are too low for strength purposes. And as far as the tire choice goes, I live in PA, so im sure the terrain is slightly different than what you southern boys are dealing with. I haven't found a better tire than the Irok especially when it comes to snow. What would be the price differential between building a front 14 or building up the LP60? I plan on running RCVs along with upgrading all the other steering components.

Patriot Customs said:
Lauderdale...I hope my questions aren't infringing to your build thread. Maybe my questions and concerns will help you out as well. I will be running 4:56 gears, I don't believe those are too low for strength purposes. And as far as the tire choice goes, I live in PA, so im sure the terrain is slightly different than what you southern boys are dealing with. I haven't found a better tire than the Irok especially when it comes to snow. What would be the price differential between building a front 14 or building up the LP60? I plan on running RCVs along with upgrading all the other steering components.
If you are replacing the shafts, inner and outer knuckles, and gears/lockers then the price to build a 14 is cheaper the money you spend on a hp or lp 60 front housing is several hundred dollars more than a 14 the 14 somewhat equals out from getting it re tubed on one side! You get a significant increase in strength and parts for 14b are around the same price( gears bearings and lockers)! If you are worried about ground clearance go ahead and do a shave kit while you are building the axle !

Patriot Customs said:

No worries I had the same concerns, Since I'm still in high school and am low budging this as much as possible, and have no knowledge on railroading I'm enjoying reading on all of this. :driving:

still in high school?!?! damnit man. seeing **** likes this makes me hate my perants more and more... :****: $$$$$$

wannabe said:
still in high school?!?! damnit man. seeing **** likes this makes me hate my perants more and more... :****: $$$$$$
working part time has payed for this rig lol even tho my dads more excited about it than I am.

Sent from an iPhone using Tapatalk!

Ok guys....... I hear everyone saying the 60 will not hold up.
Here is my situation and tell me what would yal do?
Im also building my first tube buggy, have a juggy now with 14bolt and 60 with 35spline moly axles that if it didnt sell very soon, I was going to pull the axles and put under the tube buggy. Should I wait and build 14bolts or save that money and run what I have. I plan to run a LS motor with only a cam and 43 or 44 in tires.

Bring on the education

Lauderdale said:
To start off this is foreign territory for me. I've never really messed with 4 wheel drives or rock buggies. I purchased the chassis from
Angry fab. I have Chevy dana 60 front and 14 bolt rear. 5.3l th400w/np205. All I've got so far. Any words of wisdom and build advice would be much appreciated!
ygyja6e6.jpg
2y5utuqy.jpg
ereja7yp.jpg

Hello to all the forum! I'm from Brazil and I am very interested in comstruir a rock-road. gostari wonder where I can buy this chassis plans to make at home! import the chassis is very very expensive value.......kkkk

NTIDWELL said:
Speaking of this hurry up and get this thing down you owe me a ride JACK
I'm working on it my rigs two hours away from me. Trying to make a lil money and do a lil schooling right now. Won't be to much longer.

Sent from an iPhone using Tapatalk!

Hello friends of the forum! My name is J. Junior and I'm from Brazil.
I am very much interested in building an Off-Road Buggy!!! I ask for help all the forum members that PLEASE!!!
Send me plans plans to build off-road by email or point me where I can buy.
I hope answers! my email is
[email protected]

J. Junior said:
Hello friends of the forum! My name is J. Junior and I'm from Brazil.
I am very much interested in building an Off-Road Buggy!!! I ask for help all the forum members that PLEASE!!!
Send me plans plans to build off-road by email or point me where I can buy.
I hope answers! my email is
[email protected]

these Off-Road Buggy as you call it have no " Plans " and I don't think you can get George to go to brazil to build you one :****: :driving:

Sorry let the thread die. Will try and keep updated more pictures coming soon. Been pretty busy here lately, but what should my pinion angle be on my front and rear axles? :eat: