• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Fishing Report!

Juan_Hong_Loe

That's dumb
Well the company I work for takes us on a fishing trip every year as a kind of thank you for your work deal. Well since Cole wroks there in his off time he has been invited on the last two trips. This year was awesome fishing, horrible seas!! (insert puking smilie here) I think everyone on the boat got sick at one point in time. I even threw up once! Cole threw up too! I have been sea sick before but that was not the case this time. I don't know why but I threw up once and felt a hundred times better. Think it may have been what I had for lunch. Anywho, there were a total of 10 of us fishing, most of the time there was only 4-5 fishing. The waves were around 4-5 feet to start off with then the wind changed direction and went to 5-7 feet with chop. Now that sucked. We left at 12noon and finished bottom fishing at about 5pm. The captain asked us if we were ready to go back and we told him lets ask everyone and see. Well about that time the wind died down and the seas calmed a little, 3-4feet waves. So we pressed on to the oil rigs to do some tuna fishing. Well on the way out there we were trolling for what ever would hit and wouldn't ya know it, I caught a decent sized Wahoo (31.9lbs). After that 10-15min. battle (damn strong fish) I could care less if caught another thing. But we pressed on and got to the Petronus oil rig and trolled there for about 45mins. Well we ended up catching a couple Black fin tuna, and a couple sharks. So after no more bites we went to the rig they call Beer Can. There was only three of us fishing at this point (12:30am) and we were catching the crap out of some Black fin but we only got to keep probably 1/3 of what we caught due to the sharks getting them as we were reeling them up. We hit two more spots after that with about the same luck. We ended up at the marina this morning at 8:30am. Man that was a long ass trip, and so is this thread. All in all we caught a bunch of white snapper, trigger, a couple of scamp, two barracudas, black fin tuna, and that one wahoo. I'll try to get some pics posted up tomorrow. I didn't take any, I was too busy fishin! loller.gif

Daniel

Several years ago me and 7 buddies went fishing. We were in 6-8 ft seas all day. A boat captain for the Beau Rivage actually was lost at sea that day and was never found. We went 85 miles out and had one guy get full blown sea sick. A few of us, myself included, threw up once and was fine after that. I did catch a huge red snapper that day, was over 30 pounds.

I haven't thrown up that much in Years. I still feel like I am moving. It was an awesome time though. I sat outside on a cooler for 13 hours straight. I was getting killed by water coming in from the sides. I am ready to go again though thumb.gif

I threw up this weekend too, woot! thumb.gif laughing1

Sounds like a good time. I'm not much of a fisherman because well, it's slow and boring. I think I might be about some deep-sea fishin' though. 8)

I went fishing several years ago, stayed up drinking the all night before the trip and stayed sick the whole time. I would throw up, take some dramamine, sleep for a couple of hours, wake up fish about 15 or 20 minutes then get sick again. It was a vicious cycle.

About three years ago on a diving trip we were diving in a cove and the waves coming in rocked you back and forth underwater. I got sick underwater then, man did it bring the fish! :eat:

KILLER! I love living on the gulf coast. Offshore fishing just plain kicks ass. I love racing storms and shooting gaps between storm cells, and trolling the whole time. Love to hook some tarpin and fight for an hour, love the salt, love the sun, love how good a beer tastes out there. Hate seasick, but I have only had it once, and fawk it!

Sounds like a damn good haul. Did you guys shoot pics of everything before you filleted up?

Im a Kansas Native... I love off shore fishing but Im guarentee'd to be chummin... and that's why I always have good luck fishing thumb.gif laughing1

I caught a small shark when pops and I went in Alaska... he liked my McDee's sausage biscuit that i chummed up for him :popcorn:

Finally got some pics up! Full Album- http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/563341077JTxkRd?vhost=outdoors
Here's a few I like!

The Face of Determination!

Here's a couple of Cole.

InDaShop said:
KILLER! I love living on the gulf coast. Offshore fishing just plain kicks ass. I love racing storms and shooting gaps between storm cells, and trolling the whole time. Love to hook some tarpin and fight for an hour, love the salt, love the sun, love how good a beer tastes out there. Hate seasick, but I have only had it once, and fawk it!

Sounds like a damn good haul. Did you guys shoot pics of everything before you filleted up?

No u dont....All those Drug Lords and etc...and **** get stolen... :eek:

I like how everyone on the left is wearing shorts and everyone on the right is in pants. Was that planned? :flipoff1:

3 tons o fun said:
In the group photo he's sportin the visor. The others he probaly took it off to puke. :flipoff1:

I left the hat at home. I was on a fishing trip, not a wheeling trip. :flipoff1:

blacksheep10 said:
I seriously couldn't pick him out in the group photo. I had to go back and look when someone said visor and it still doesn't look like him. Cole, its just not you without the standard gear

Your out of uniform private !!!