• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

FiTech Fuel injection

muddinmetal said:
So, when you cleaned up your wiring everything worked fine? So there was nothing wrong this whole time, you were just bitching wanting a full refund and a free unit?

Some times with something new, there is a learning curve both for the company and the consumer...
Just for the record you are a ****ing ****. Wimpykid had it wired up correctly. The whole time. I double checked it with him and it was just how FiTech recommended. After Wimpykid had last problem with it not starting then unlooping wires and it fired and ran perfect. With that said I took the tach signal wires and crossed them over and ran beside every wire from ignition while it was running and it did nothing. It kept running never stumbled or anything.

half ton said:
Just for the record you are a ****ing ****.

Tell me one product that works perfectly every time? We have all be excited about something and it not worked out like it planned. I agree the customer service sounds like complete garbage, but the expecting a refund and a free working unit just got all over me. (which I later reread to understand he just wanted a partial refund for his effort, seems fair enough) I am not who you think I am all the time, that just seemed like too much.

I am curious what the issue is too, All I know is MSDs are kinda of a nightmare when it comes to compatibility with other electronics, and I am very curious of the actual voltage going into the msd and the injection. How high or low it is and how steady it is? I wonder if the issue is there. I know of one brand of in tank fuel pump that will not work long if it receives less that a steady 13.2volts... A lot of charging systems have a problem maintaining that to all of it's components for many reasons.

Fair enough. I wonder if the FiTech is so finicky and they know it why don't they make the wiring with some shielding like fiber optic stuff?? :dunno:

I'm gonna run the fitech unit for now, it did good this past Saturday, but I did get a quote on dual propane setup.

I know a guy around home that is interested in the fitech for his rig.

It's almost there. Gonna make another test run, then do Windrock July 4th weekend. Hopefully see you there.

Haven't got my full length headers built yet and still running shortys with about 18" of pipe, so might wanna bring some ear plugs. ;D

Gonna give an update on the FiTech unit after it has seen a few full throttle uphill assaults mixed in with some trail riding.

I have had one other issue of not firing once offloaded from trailer, washed, and trying to pull back into garage. But, I think it have figured this out. I am running an RPM Air-Gap intake and when I wash my rig, no hood, water gets into the depression of the intake. This shouldn't be a problem, except the plug from the ECM that is supposed to plug into the distributor wire (my distributor plugs into the MSD box) was laying in this bit of water. Dried the water out of the plug and it fired no problem. Solution to the problem is I have weather proofed the plug.

This wasn't the original problem, but I believe it was the problem back in June when it wouldn't fire after being washed. I had driven in the rain before all this, but when your on a step hill, moving rapidly, and the engine is hot, water doesn't sit in the intake depression.

The FiTech does good, but I need to take it to get it tuned, as I am in no way good enough to get my A/F ratio correct. It is running extremely rich, which could be because I am running shorty headers with no mufflers and only a short piece of pipe. I'm in the process of installing long tube headers and bullet mufflers with a short piece of pipe and I'm thinking this should allow the O2 sensor to get a more accurate reading. I'm still going to get it tuned in hopes of cleaning up the richness of the exhaust fumes and tweaking any extra HP out of my lil SBF.

I have contacted FiTech to give them a heads up on an issue that wasn't due to their unit, but might affect others with the RPM Air-Gap intake.