• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired Fj-60 front axle

adamp

Still looking for an fj60 front axle. I have located everything else.

I'm located in Knoxville, TN but travel all over the southeast and midwest for work.

I have a 4' x 10' Torchmate CNC plasma table that will cut up to 1.25" plate if you need anything made for trade. Brackets, beadlock rings, rock rings, pretty much whatever you can think up. Or if there is any other fab work I can maybe barter I have a fab shop with the ability to do just about anything you need.

Let me know what you have and what you want for it or what you are wanting in trade.

Thanks!

Re: toyota trans/tcase, toy ifs rear axle, front straight axle, or 1 tons

If you plan on going tons and keeping leaf springs. I've got a sky front ton swap kit for a Toyota brand new and powder coated. And a brand new Chevy master cylinder with a sky adapter for it

A buddy of mine has a 6 lug Chevy Dana 60 for sale. I can text you the info.

Building 4 link front and rear but thanks for the offer.

I may be interested in the dana 60. Text info to 865-556-9374 Thanks!

you did not ask , but advice, if you want toyota power.go toyota axles, if you want ton's run a bigger power plant. Ton's take a lot more power to move them, People run this combo to be bullet proof, but you will break trans,and,t-cases. if you are hard on your stuff. If your a crawler this will be a good combo. just low on power and heavy. Just learned from experience. Both mine are all toy.

billstoy said:
you did not ask , but advice, if you want toyota power.go toyota axles, if you want ton's run a bigger power plant. Ton's take a lot more power to move them, People run this combo to be bullet proof, but you will break trans,and,t-cases. if you are hard on your stuff. If your a crawler this will be a good combo. just low on power and heavy. Just learned from experience. Both mine are all toy.

I do appreciate the advice. I have wheeled with plenty of Toyota guys in the past but I honestly don't know too terribly much about them. My main reason for leaning toward tons was width. I want to get a new set of 39" red labels when they become available and toy axles are not what I'm used to. I've run 39" - 47" tires in the past and I, like many others, have a preferred wheelbase, width, and tire size. All of my rigs have been overbuilt one ton rigs because I'm a heavy foot wheeler so that was very helpful. You made a very good point with power to weight ratio and that concerns me now so I'm willing to try something new with Toyota axles. I was thinking about a decent build on the 22re but obviously not 300+ hp that I'd prefer. Honestly this build is not well suited for me, but there's more to it. Short story, bought 84 2wd xtra cab pickup off of one of my best friends for $300 just to give it another chance at life. Truck has been around a while, lots of great memories, couldn't stand to see it scrapped. Decided I wanted to do a lower budget build to get back into wheeling because I liquidated all of my high dollar stuff a few years ago building up a business.

I guess what I'm looking for right now is some stock Toyota axles, trans, and tcase. This was supposed to be a lower budget build to keep Wayne alive. (Truck's name has always been Wayne)

A great place for middle of the road are the first full size fj60s they are near full width. and 9 1/2 " ring and pinion front and rear. they use a 12bolt gm 30 spline mini spool 55$ on ebay. and up grade to RCV;s They will not rob all your power. and may make you happy. You can find them, but getting harder. I run fj40 fronts in both my toyota buggies. They are great for a budget. Good luck on your build,

billstoy said:
A great place for middle of the road are the first full size fj60s they are near full width. and 9 1/2 " ring and pinion front and rear. they use a 12bolt gm 30 spline mini spool 55$ on ebay. and up grade to RCV;s They will not rob all your power. and may make you happy. You can find them, but getting harder. I run fj40 fronts in both my toyota buggies. They are great for a budget. Good luck on your build,

I just did some reading on the fj60 axle. Looks like I can get almost 62" if ifs hubs fit. I didn't dig too far into it, but is the fj60 rear worth using? I read it was c-clip and kind of quit reading. I've located pretty much everything if I need to just buy them outright. It's just time to select axles. Found 85 and earlier front and rears, ifs rear, fj60 front and rear, Tacoma rear, t100 rear, fj80 front and rear. What about fj80 axles? Too heavy?

fj60 rears are heavy but tough. I did gm disk conversion. Don't think you will break anything. fj80 stuff is up to 1000$ a set, plus the 60 takes mini truck stuff . the 80 is all custom, could have over 3500$ in 80 built front and rear, I may do that next. It's a big jump. You said budget. 60 front, and any rear, 8.8 explorer, truck 9in, ifs, or t-100. only choice is which you can get and build cheapest.

billstoy,

Thank you for all of the great information. I've spent all day tossing axle ideas around with my guys at the shop and ultimately its up to me to make a decision already. I should clarify, what I really mean by "budget" is I'm willing to spend some money, but I'm not going to spend a fortune. This truck isn't going to get anything over the top, but I also only want to build it once. I don't want to build a set of axles, wheel it once, and just say "meh" and want to build a different set. I'll raise the budget to avoid doing it twice. I'd rather build this right the first time as a regular wheeler and then build a big budget bouncer when I get some of my other projects out of the shop. I am being a little inconsistent though, day one of the build was supposed to be a super low budget build.

So one more stab at axles. I'm tossing around three options.

Option 1:
fj60 front w/ ifs hubs adds up to almost 62"
IFS rear w/ 2" spacers to add up to roughly 62"

Option 2:
fj60 front w/ ifs hubs and 2" spacers for 66"
t100 rear stock width 66.75" (haven't researched yet. don't know about parts limitations and full floater options)

Option 3:
fj80 front w/ ifs hubs if they fit @ 66" plus
fj80 rear w/ 1.5" spacers @ 66.5"

I got a lead on a set of dual cases with a driveline parking brake for $400 that I'm going to try to pick up in the next day or so.

Not sure how interested you are or not but I haves set of fj40axles Built trussed and so on that are going up for sale here soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I run option 1 in both my buggies. I am 3rd over all in the 4 cyl races at aop after 4 races also Nick Sosbee is ahead of me . with all mini truckstuff , checkout Bill Stoy on youtube. or AOP 4 cly races
option 3 is in my future BUT be aware only FJ80 stuff will work, Not many choices, Slee off road and hellfire. I have All new 80 , hellfire knuckles/high steer, and If I add RCV 30 30 30 axles and birfs I will be looking at 2100 retail plus the 80 axle and the HP with gears and spool.so about 3K$in a front alone,
My option 1 buggies are tough. But you got to pedal not WOT it on every hill. My 2 seater is 7 years old has a ifs rear. built 40 front 9 inches wider than a fj60. 2 fj40 long sides, custom.
I love my toys, there is not much you can do that I have not tried. All options are good ,, I have never tried a t-100 rear.. IFS have worked fine.
I love my 2 seater and my dual stock cases 5.2 over all and stock 4;11s right now I have 43 stickies on it. I drive it a little easier. It hurts a lot of feelings.

I have just posted a complete fj80 take out in parts for sale.

I have an FJ60 housing and a set of BNIB Longs by Trail-Gear if you decide to go that route. It would pair well with a full-float rear from an FJ80. You can run mini-truck knuckles on the 60 housing, and I have a set of those too. Don't have quite enough to make the 60 complete, but I can get close. PM if interested.

billstoy said:
I have just posted a complete fj80 take out in parts for sale.

Well that was fast...

jordan7118 said:
I have an FJ60 housing and a set of BNIB Longs by Trail-Gear if you decide to go that route. It would pair well with a full-float rear from an FJ80. You can run mini-truck knuckles on the 60 housing, and I have a set of those too. Don't have quite enough to make the 60 complete, but I can get close. PM if interested.

PM sent