• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Force Fed Buggy Build

Tyler Diesel

Finally starting my buggy build. Progress is slow do to being covered up in my diesel shop but progress is progress. The buggy chassis is the only thing I have not built it came from shotgun fab and was built my Todd Puckett.

The specs on the buggy are:
5.3 LS
Built by me with ls6 cam, heads and rods studded ,rings gaped and twin 60 mm airesearch turbo's I have port and polished the heads to match the new intake.
Th400
All the normal internal upgrades, blow proof bell,3200 PTC convertor, and rmvb with engine braking.
NP205
All 32 spline inputs and outputs it was originally a divorced unit from a ford driver drop
2.5 steering Rockwell's
Mohawked, locked,16 spline ouverons, plan B Fab aluminum hubs.
43sx on twf wheels
1 1/4 Heims

IMG_20140713_233325_546_zps197ba6db.jpg
[/URL]

I'm having a hard time deciding if I want to do front or mid/rear engine what u guys think I'd like to start mounting everything next week any pros/cons to either setup from people with experience with both styles

The plan is to run 12 pounds of boost and b around 550 horse around home and the trails. It will have a boost controller and at comps if I ever go it will run 18 pounds and b around 625-650

I can't say for sure yet do to the fact this is the first setup like this I've ran but from compressor maps it should be able to flow enough air to easily reach these goals

With those turbos and that motor and that amount of boost I would bet money you'll be way past 650. Unless your talking 640 at the wheels?

booyang I just don't want to say its going to b higher than it will b I'd b happy with 550 but after tuning if it puts out more I'll b tickled its built to handle the boost and power except shafts in the axles but if they blow there is always 2' 47 spline but this will mainly just b a trail rig I enjoy the woods to much to try and race all the time seems like that would b a she ond job

Well its been awhile but got two nights in the shop with the buggy added some more supports on chassis and got engine trans and t case in place and mounts built
I need to mount my lower link mounts and build the removable floor pan next hopefully this wont take as long got axles stripped and mohawked 4 link brackets welded on and ready to mount I believe I am going to use aluminum 2.250 lower links and 2x.250 wall dom upper links.
cket.com/albums/zz279/alanmotox/405_zps1836f342.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

wheelbase will b 120
at ride height bell clearance will b around 24-25
Done a lot of talking with Adam at Wide Open Design I am running his front accessory kit with dual ps pumps also will have him build the fuel cell and possibly the interior of the buggy he has been a great help so far.
the SS seats I traded off and am getting a set of prp seats in from WOD
Looks like next on my list is to build my inboard brakes off the 205 flanges and start routing and building interior