• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ford 6.0 gurus?

I may have missed something here.. but why not just buy a OEM injector instead of rebuilding the old ones? I`ve heard the spools wear and just really are gonna keep giving you problems unless you bite the bullet and get a OEM new injector. Most shops don`t even want to warranty labor if you buy an after market or rebuilt injector online instead of a OEM because of this.

I`ve got a 06 6.0 with custom tunes and love it. I`ve had several 7.3s and they were good trucks but, you couldn`t make me go back to one after having my 6.0. I put 4000 into o-ringed heads.. after running the piss outta it for 2 years so what my buddy put 4000 into his Dodge transmission trying make it out run this 6.0. Super duties are the best trucks out there and have been. All Dodge done was get a pretty good motor and sprinkle **** all over and around it. Interior junk, frontends junk, Transmissions JUNK. Chevy`s alright but them damn IFS frontends are a complete joke. Especially to someone that likes lifting a truck. Get a good monitor like the SCT Livewire to see temps and etc and roll on.

If you haven`t bought a coolant filter do that now and end you oil cooler problems. The sand in the original casting of these blocks was the bad culprit for stopping up oil coolers. If you do put an oil cooler in it go OEM. I did a Dorman and it blows ass. Temps don`t stay together pulling hard. Went back to an OEM and there now perfect. When you put the coolant filter on cut it in half after the first month or so when you change the filter and look at all the sand in it.

muleskinner said:
Powerstroke help.com guy is out of Buford Ga he knows his stuff on the fords from the early years to the latest models check him out

He has some good info videos but, also has some sky high pricing on his work. When I was looking into studding my motor I found the machine shop that MOST of the shops in the Atlanta area use to oring their heads and the shop owner told me Charles at KEM performance in Monticello GA is the one he would recommend to anyone over any of the other shops. Charles actually turned him onto o-ringing the heads years ago. I called Charles and I promise his shops expertise and professionalism is something you will not find anymore at most mechanic shops. Very good dude and his mechanics are top notch. I`m a picky bastard and these guys are good.

muleskinner said:
I can't remember get on you tube and type in powerstroke help.com it will bring him up a lot of good info about the ford trucks

https://youtu.be/8o2LGuzl0go

Bill Hewitt.

Had a guy somewhat local to me that does work on Ford diesels in Dallas, GA tell me he's had a few people bring him Bill's old work that didn't fix the issues or he's done the same/ better work than Bill for less money. Stories about how Bill said people would need new heads without having even looked at or taken old ones off. Not sure how credible that is but I found this dude in Dallas on Archoil's website while looking for dealers near me.

Them 6 leakers scare the hell outta me but if i found a helluva deal like that i might have to buy it, i currently have 3 7.3 vehicles and love em, my nephew against my advice bought a 04 crew cab 6.0 a few years ago and he ran the piss outta it trying to blow the headgaskets and he did, 5500 bucks later he had a pretty damn fast mean sounding truck, but about 5 months later we had a falling out and i seen it broke down alongside highway, after about 7-8 months i decided to be the better man and help him get it running and found ipr full of junk, replaced it and it ran 3 days and died again, told him to call the shop that repaired it and they said their was a recall on the gaskets they used and the came and picked truck up and fixed it for free, guess the dorman oil cooler gaskets were coming apart and plugging **** up, about two weeks later he traded that sucker off and lost his shirt and ass on the deal, those trucks sure run good with a programmer though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Already has an oil cooler. Been bullet proofed and all that crap.

Reason behind rebuilding the injectors was simply money. He got the truck because previous owner couldn't get it to stop missing after his mechanic "fixed" it. So before he went and bought all new injectors he figured he would give rebuilding them and all the oil rails and everything a try. It was about $100 to do injectors(plus whatever upgrades he threw in while we were in there). And it worked. If it hadn't been for getting a couple valves backwards and the dang stand pipe, it would have been a pretty smooth experience. I think he's got about 6k in it total between truck and whatever upgrades he's done. Overall not bad since he could turn around and flip it for $10k easily.

The 6 leaker is a good running truck when they run. They just don't like to run all the time. Lol I work on all the diesel trucks and I like the Duramax the best. They have there issues also but they normally don't leave you stranded. I do like to see a 6.0 come in the shop they pay good.

Looks good... I'll give him $1800 for it :stir:

Would be a great starting point for my DT-360 swap :****:

truckbroke said:
He has some good info videos but, also has some sky high pricing on his work. When I was looking into studding my motor I found the machine shop that MOST of the shops in the Atlanta area use to oring their heads and the shop owner told me Charles at KEM performance in Monticello GA is the one he would recommend to anyone over any of the other shops. Charles actually turned him onto o-ringing the heads years ago. I called Charles and I promise his shops expertise and professionalism is something you will not find anymore at most mechanic shops. Very good dude and his mechanics are top notch. I`m a picky bastard and these guys are good.

I haven't personally dealt with this bill guy I just you tube one day looking for a fix and he sounded like he knew his stuff ha I'm just a poor ass white boy that has to fix all my own things so I try to learn as much as possible,this KEM performance shop where is it located?ive been thinking about buying an 06 4x4 I can buy it cheap the bill guy did tell me on the phone 10k and it would be completely rebuilt and bulletproof with a lifetime warranty.Is KEM in GA also?

muleskinner said:
I haven't personally dealt with this bill guy I just you tube one day looking for a fix and he sounded like he knew his stuff ha I'm just a poor ass white boy that has to fix all my own things so I try to learn as much as possible,this KEM performance shop where is it located?ive been thinking about buying an 06 4x4 I can buy it cheap the bill guy did tell me on the phone 10k and it would be completely rebuilt and bulletproof with a lifetime warranty.Is KEM in GA also?

He does have some really informative videos. Good to watch and educate yourself on. Yeah they gave me the 10K thing to. Problem is for 10K the damn thing should be lifetime cause you can do the job 3 1/2 times if you were a shop and still break even. And their pretty much banking on you not keeping it for a lifetime. KEM is in Monticello GA. Their number is 706-819-2572.. Charle`s cell is 404-308-4234.. You can call and he will gladly talk to you about any problems you are having. There shop is about 2 hrs from me. It was well worth the drive. They really stand behind their work as well. Its not to often you can really vouch for a mechanic shop anymore but they really go above and beyond to make you happy. He gives you a good warranty and even after the warranty period he`ll tell you point blank if you have problems call him and they will stand behind their work. The o ringed heads are the way to go. I don`t think they`ll even do it any other way. They just take a factory set have them reworked and o ringed. After that you can run what ever programmer you can afford to keep a transmission behind. No worries.. If you give him a call tell him Ricky Gray mentioned him. I still talk to him from time to time. Buddy of mine just got his back from them. (No I don`t any kick backs from recommending them either) I just hate seeing people get taken from other shops messing with these trucks when it doesn`t have to be that way.

thumb.gif thanks for the info ive been thinking about buying the 06 and taking to someone like this im going to give kem a call thanks again

No problem. If you have any questions feel free to PM me. Just remember if you buy the 06 and want to get the work done order the coolant filter and try to run it for a month or so before you take it in because their gonna put a new oil cooler on it and you can go ahead get a jump start on getting the sand outta the system before you get your new cooler put in. It takes maybe 20-30 minutes to put the coolant filter on in a driveway. Real easy system to install. Sinister is a good one out there.