• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired Ford 8 Lug Dana 44 Spindles, Caliper Brackets

Ho Shorts

As title states I need to convert my 79 F150 axle to 8 lug so I need some spindles and caliper brackets off a 76-79 f250 front axle. I have the hubs already.

865-776-3749
Text or Call

Derek

Re: Ford 8 Lug Dana 44 Spindles, Rotors, Caliper Brackets

Swap your knuckles and use Chevy outers. The Ford brakes suck and Chevy parts are more plentiful.

Wanting to stay ford for a few reasons.

I found the hubs, just need spindles and caliper brackets. Anyone know if drum brake spindles are the same? Buddy has a set if so.

Pretty sure they aren't. I still run ford hubs and rotors but Chevy brakes because the Ford sucked. I recently bought a new spindle online for around 50 bucks because they are almost impossible to find used.

I have found the spindles new, caliper brackets seem to be the issue. Really don't want to swap my knuckles these are modified for my steering already. Never thought these parts would be so hard to find.

You'll have a hard time finding brake brackets that aren't stretched. One of the reasons I went with an aftermarket type bracket. Then you can run much better chevy calipers and still run ford rotors, knuckles etc.

Looks like the route I am going to go. I'm running 16.5 wheels so clearance isn't an issue just need something on there.

Re:

Gubni on here has the best deal going for swapping out, best move I did was converting to Chevy brakes

Re:

mdo817 said:
Gubni on here has the best deal going for swapping out, best move I did was converting to Chevy brakes
X2. He's a real stand up guy and for what it's worth I run 15s on mine.