• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ford 9" gear pattern

Still too deep...remove whatever shim you have in there now, throw that .012" shim back in there, set it up again, and post a pic of that....:corn:

Throw that .012" shim in there and take a shot or two of what you have for pattern with it...:awesomework:

IMG_20130213_123704_zps4b095ade.jpg

IMG_20130213_123718_zpsa57da4d8.jpg

It looked not bad, but that was before I went from no shims to .006.

Maybe I need to do the .004 shim?

preload is set at low 20s IIRC, was in spec for the "new bearing" preload settings.

Drive side still looks too deep...That coast side's F'd-up...Why only the tiniest bit of contact???

You're doing a great job of the step process, and I felt this fits best in Tech...
Are these new, or used gears????

new motives.

I think it's bad quality gears...

I'm going nitro or US gear if I regear anything myself.

Thanks, starting to piss me off and kick my ass.

I'm starting to feel like I suck, but this makes no sense?.

I tried tighter dfiferent backlashes as well, minimal different.

At work, I ran across a new gearset in a new box, that although they were new, they had an odd paint color on them. Well, after trying to get them to set up right (which i couldn't no matter what I tried...) for most of a day, I finally called the vendor, and when I told them of the paint I saw on the gears, their response was "Those should never have made it into a box, as they are a test set." Needless to say I had a set of gears, and install kit the next day, and they set up beautifully... Schtuff happens occasionally...:awesomework:

Still too deep...And whether you use the pinion, or the ring gear, it should NOT change the pattern when done by hand---if it does change, somethiing's wrong...