• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ford C6 to LS engine

Re:

I couldn't find anything either so I sold the c6 and got a 350.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'd assume no because the bellhousing bolt hole spacing is probably different. If you were trying to join a Ford manual trans then yeah you could just run an aftermarket bell.

tallnate said:
I'd assume no because the bellhousing bolt hole spacing is probably different. If you were trying to join a Ford manual trans then yeah you could just run an aftermarket bell.

I looked into it when I had a c6/stak. Couldnt find anything.

There's not an UltraBell for a c6, so that's not an option.

Re: Re: Ford C6 to LS engine

RustyC said:
Why? If a short trans is need just go powerglide.
In my case it would have been easier/cheaper to keep my current trans/tcase set up along with cross members. Now I've sold the engine and trans now to sell doubler and get an atlas, rebuild frame and crossmembers.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

redneckengineered said:
Can a Ford C6 trans bolt to an LS or is there any sort of adapter out there to do it? I can't find **** on the internet about it.

edit: Asking for a friend. I'm not gay and would never adapt a C6 to an LS :****:
When I read the title I clicked on this just to give you **** about being gay!

Ok many years ago I had a 3.8 Buick motor given to me. I was going to put it in a toyota and leave the w56. I talked to a guy at a local machine shop and he was gonna build me an aluminum adapter with countersunk holes to go between the motor and trans. Acted like it wasn't a big deal. He also said he could make an adapter to bolt my yota flywheel to the 3.8. I don't remember er the price he quoted me but buying another 22r and doing a propane swap was cheaper

BUG-E J said:
When I read the title I clicked on this just to give you **** about being gay!

Ok many years ago I had a 3.8 Buick motor given to me. I was going to put it in a toyota and leave the w56. I talked to a guy at a local machine shop and he was gonna build me an aluminum adapter with countersunk holes to go between the motor and trans. Acted like it wasn't a big deal. He also said he could make an adapter to bolt my yota flywheel to the 3.8. I don't remember er the price he quoted me but buying another 22r and doing a propane swap was cheaper

Haha I know. After I posted I figured I'd better clarify. Been talking my buddy that has a stroked 302 into an LS. He already had a C6 so it would just be a lot cheaper/easier for him if there was an adapter but he's already pretty much resigned himself to the fact that it's gonna be a TH400.

Check out bill hincher on facebook. The man can make anything. And is reasonable. I may end up with a honda/th350 adapter before long.

Y'all are both wrong, he was to blacked out to know. He probably thought that was his that sounded like that that's why he is so hesitant to change over.

JMW engineering in australia has adapters to adapt 4l60e bell housing to c4, are c4 similar to c6?

Ethann said:
JMW engineering in australia has adapters to adapt 4l60e bell housing to c4, are c4 similar to c6?

C6 doesn't have a removable bell housing like a C4 (or late model GM transmissions)

Even big block and small block fords have different bolt patterns.

pretty much the best long term solution is GM trans swap and swap the input in the Tcase to match.