• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Found one thanks hard line ! Need transfer case help 203/205 doubler

Chuck19

I have a 203/205 doubler bought it with a buggy that was never finished I started it today for the first time made it out of the shop pulled the front case out of gear and have not been able to get back in gear just grinds when I try to put into gear I guess it would be going into high and does nothing the other direction.
Any help would be appreciated!

Re: Need transfer case help 203/205 doubler

Yes I have tried neutral and park when I put it the transmission in gear it grinds !

Tried putting the rear case in neutral? Those 203s can be kinda picky, you might even have to be rolling to get the 203 range box to shift.

I had a blazer that had just a 203 in it, couldn't get it to shift to low in park, but rolling slow, you could slap the shifter and it'd drop into gear.

Need transfer case help 203/205 doubler

I'm not sure but I have been doing some research and found this on northwest fab web site
a55a7ff931c73d857367fbe096026f2d.jpg

I have a big washer that came with the parts that looks like this and I think I know where it goes now :****: just my luck would this keep it from shifting ?

Re: Re: Need transfer case help 203/205 doubler

Chuck19 said:
Yes I have tried neutral and park when I put it the transmission in gear it grinds !
Hmm that's all I got. Besides checking shifters and linkages etc (all the first stuff that I'm sure you did already)

Hey chuck, my 203 in my doubler jumps out of gear sometimes going down hill, don't know why, but goes back easy. If it your shifters, I have a brand new nwf triple cable shifter set up never been unwrapped I'll take $250.00 for. Good luck.

Thanks Hal that's awesome deal but that's the same thing I have it came with the buggy put it on here for sale it won't last long at that price I think they are about 500$ new !

Hey i'll take that triple shifter setup :) PM me

Well I figured it out anybody got a old 203 laying around I need some parts,
Rear bearing retainer ring and bearing also the little pin that goes in the shaft under the thrust washer!
931-273-2594