• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Fox Air Shocks Schrader Valves?

Metal Head

Metal Head Graphix
Is there an alternative to spending $16.50 a piece on these little things? I have 2 shocks that need them replaced and that seems like rape. No one locally seems to have anything remotely close to them.

Any ideas?

Metal Head said:
Is there an alternative to spending $16.50 a piece on these little things? I have 2 shocks that need them replaced and that seems like rape. No one locally seems to have anything remotely close to them.

Any ideas?

Link me a pic of one. I'll check our ac and tire books

Interesting:

"**Note** If you are unsure which air valve is needed for your application, the high pressure stainless steel valve will fit all o-ring air valve applications and will not affect performance."

Wouldn't that mean both are NPT, one just has an o-ring? What does an o-ring do for an NPT fitting?

they sell the same ones at oriellys. I install them on rzr shocks when i build them so i dont have to fool with the nitrogen needle.

I stopped in our local O'Reilly's and all they had was a smaller basic air tank valve on the shelf. They were busy so I didn't ask anyone behind the counter. I'll stop back by and see what they have before I order them.

If O'Reilly's has it they're probably going to know it as an AC test valve. But I've never seen one with the o-ring there. Does the o-ring actually seat properly once installed?

On NPT the taper of the threads gets tighter and makes the seal. Oring fitting are usually strait thread and the oring it what seals.

Toddy

Toddy said:
On NPT the taper of the threads gets tighter and makes the seal. Oring fitting are usually strait thread and the oring it what seals.

Toddy

Yes, that's kind of why I was wondering about the statement on Poly's site that I quoted above saying that the o-ring fitting will work in the NPT hole. So what is the purpose of the o-ring fitting in that case?

I think it means high or low pressure application and that by using the stainless high pressure in the place of the brass low pressure it won't effect performance. Both of them being o-ring. Maybe I don't know.