• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Front calipers keep locking up after D60 swap

FFDave

Trying to figure out why my front calipers keep locking up. Just put chevy kingpin D60 in YJ. Have new calipers and a new master cylinder out of 96 Dodge Ram 2500. Stock MC was too spongy. Any thought on where the problem is?

just a thought try loosening the master cylinder and see if they unlock. the rod may be to long and holding pressure

Will they release of you crack the brake line at the caliper? What about the brake line at the mc?

2010 Jim's Garage 4429
2012 Jim's Garage YJ
2013 Wide Open Design WFO

sappmann said:
just a thought try loosening the master cylinder and see if they unlock. the rod may be to long and holding pressure
My bet is this had a 4 runner do this never did figure it out luckily a friend of mine did!

sappmann said:

This

It took me several changes of the adjustment bolt in the rod to get it dialed in to get the feel I wanted in the brakes. Kept adjusting this and the proportion valve to get it right.

Sounds like the bolt is out to far.

Chevy 60 front, Chevy calipers and pads, except I'm running a 69 camaro master cylinder on the factory 90 YJ booster.