• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Front driveshaft options

Re:

On the Toyota I had to limit droop after the ton swap due to the toy joint binding. I'm running a 2 piece shaft

My drivetrain was a lot longer with the toy stuff, but with the 4L80/atlas putting a 2pc would make the final shaft really short at a steep angle.

tommy450r said:
This is redneck but I took a pto shaft extension an cut the female splines off about 1/2 inch from the male splines an turned it down to a press fit in the dom then I took a 1350 slip yoke cut the tube off of it an opened the center up as much as I could to make it press fit on the male splines.

That may not make since but I got pics if anybody needs em. I ended up with about 12 inches of splines for the slip joint an the splines are almost 1 3/4" so it should hold up.
Hmmm.. u call it redneck, I call it dam near genius.. Some of yall really make me feel dumb sometimes. Dam modern day McGivers! :dblthumb:
And don't doubt the 1310's to bad. I have read ALOT about them being strong and holding up. Mine still is! I always have a spare tho. Keep posted on wat Ya do. In the near future I will be puttin atlas under my rig, lord knows that could be a nightmare. I don't even wanna think bout it.

So, I've decided to order a toyota output flange for the atlas. I'm going to try and run a toyota cardine joint up top since it's such a steep angle. I will also for sure be limiting my droop.
Any suggestions on where to buy the flange besides high angle driveline? Must be 32 spline.

RebelRider said:
So, I've decided to order a toyota output flange for the atlas. I'm going to try and run a toyota cardine joint up top since it's such a steep angle. I will also for sure be limiting my droop.
Any suggestions on where to buy the flange besides high angle driveline? Must be 32 spline.

I made that mistake when i first put my atlas in, spent my money on toy flanges so i could keep my toy d-shafts front and rear and they quickly became the weak link, first the rear, then the front.

Re: Re: Re: Front driveshaft options

RebelRider said:
I wouldn't do that.

Neal3000 said:
I made that mistake when i first put my atlas in, spent my money on toy flanges so i could keep my toy d-shafts front and rear and they quickly became the weak link, first the rear, then the front.
Yea, I was just informed this wouldn't be a good idea. I'm going to try and run a single joint 1350 on both ends. I'll possibly need to move to 1410.

RebelRider said:
Yea, I was just informed this wouldn't be a good idea. I'm going to try and run a single joint 1350 on both ends. I'll possibly need to move to 1410.

If you are buying new stuff, might as well go 1410. Stronger and more angle.

I've been doing some grinding on my 1350 non-cv yoke. It definitely helps gain more angle but doesn't seem to be enough. Should a switch to the cv style or 1410?
Would I gain a noticeable amount of angle going with a 1410?