• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

frustration

Re: Re: Re: frustration

TBItoy said:
Sometimes I get burned out working alone, and it helps to have someone stop by to hold **** in place or fetch tools for me.
This is true!

It must be the jeep thing . I've been working on mine for damn near 2 years at my buddy's house ( which is about 15 miles from my house) every time I think I'm getting close something happens and sets me back another couple weeks. I've been pissed,disgusted,cut,drunk and everything in between trying to get this thing done. I think I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. Just get away from it for a while or find someone that can help you get thru a spot your having trouble with. I keep,trying to tell myself how good that beer is going to be out in the woods with all my wheelin buddy's. :drinkers:

It's happened to me 20+ times on the Ranger. I just step back, try to build the wife a cabinet, and eventually I tell myself I should have stuck to metal fabbin'!

Re: Re: Re: frustration

5BrothersFabrication said:
It's happened to me 20+ times on the Ranger. I just step back, try to build the wife a cabinet, and eventually I tell myself I should have stuck to metal fabbin'!

Ha! I know the feeling, I've built my wife a bunch of bookshelves, organizers and **** for her classroom. I HATE sawdust.

Well guys im glad o know that im not the only one. Does it take everybody this long to build? or am i really just that broke lol

jhardy said:
Well guys im glad o know that im not the only one. Does it take everybody this long to build? or am i really just that broke lol

I had about 9 months into mine and then when I was finally able to get it out on the trails I spent most of the summer fixing everything that broke from going to tons and a V8. The worst part was, everything that I skimped on during the build, gave me problems on the trail. If something crosses your mind and you think that you should probably upgrade the part, do it then, cause if not, you will do it later.

I had 6 months in mine!!! I cut alot of things off more than once its very frustrating, every time i got frustrated i went and rode then i was back at it!!! having someone to calm my adhd down helped alot because im like A little crackehead running around!!! making a list is the best way and stick to finishing one thing a day is the way to go!!! mine has been worth every minute i have in it and ill probably be starting on another one before too long!!!

natedawgxj said:
I had 6 months in mine!!! I cut alot of things off more than once its very frustrating, every time i got frustrated i went and rode then i was back at it!!! having someone to calm my adhd down helped alot because im like A little crackehead running around!!! making a list is the best way and stick to finishing one thing a day is the way to go!!! mine has been worth every minute i have in it and ill probably be starting on another one before too long!!!

You done yo **** QUICK! Seems to work well too! :drinkers:

Re: Re: frustration

**** when I started the gremlin, the plan was to have it done by the wedding (June 15)... Now the plan is have it done before RBD!

Kudo's to you guys that have patience to build stuff....I sure don't. I can't imagine building and building on something for months(godforid YEARS) without participating in the hobby.

I'm on my 2nd Cherokee body, and I believe I had appx. 4weeks of downtime as I found a stock Craigslist Cherokee to swap my drivetrain over to. IT SUCKED! I can't imagine building something actually nice looking and then taking it out beating it to a pulp. I mean, I guess if i had the $$$$ I could justify it, but damn.

I prefer most of my "builds" to be "rolling projects". That way i can keep myself motivated by actually using what im putting the blood sweat and curse words into. :drinkers:

Yea and everbodys been on my ass for YEARS now with the "why don,t you swap out that 4 cyl and half ton crap for a V8 swap in youre ZUK???".....

Well guess what I DON,T WANT TOO,,,my lil 4 cyl half ton zuki IS JUST FINE FOR ME AND DON,T BLOW UP ALL ITS DRIVETRAIN PARTS EVER TIME I GO OUT WHEELIN,,,and YES I CLIMB SOME PRETTY CRAZY STUFF in it ;D

....NNNNNO I ain,t flyin thru the damn air like TANNER n TC but guess what I,M STILL HAVIN FUN loller.gif

jhardy said:

i'm on 6 months now. Just buying a part or two a week takes awhile. I used to get frustrated and I just had to step away for a couple days and do something I am horrible at (woodworkin lol) to remember why I started this project. But I'm in the light at the end of the tunnel category. SO yea. Just buck up and get er dun

well yall pretty much hit the nail on the head, I bought my chassis in the middle of a house build :****:so had to wait to finish that . been working on mine since January 2013, and I like bump stops dash work and powder for the most part ... the goal is to not have much at all on plastic :dblthumb: :dblthumb: so spend a little then save a little over and over again .... Good luck to everyone out there ill b riding around in mine unpainted at RBD for some test and tune time !!!!!! c-yall on the trails !!!!!

Mr. leafspring said:
ill b riding around in mine unpainted at RBD for some test and tune time !!!!!! c-yall on the trails !!!!!

What? No more chebby truck ass whoopins? molaugh I always enjoy watching you and your rig on the hard stuff.