• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Fullsize Snow Wheelin'

jprcrpr94

Anyone know some good places to take a fullsize snow wheelin'? I should be getting my Ford back from my buddy's shop in a few days, and since the Jeep has a looooong way to go, I figured I'd try to have some fun in the big fawker!!

this time of year I would stick to the FS roads to keep your carnage down. Watch out for the groomed snow and the "no wheeled vehicles" signs the fines will hurt. In the summer there are several trails on the east side that a full size will fit on. Then theres the dunes:awesomework:

Thanks pokey:awesomework: I normally don't wheel my fullsize, it's supposed to be a camper toter and tow rig. However, with the snow in the mountains it's hard to wait on my Jeep!!

Heck there is 2+ feet of new snow at the wall trail beginning and we were denied about half way up to the radio tower. too much snow, we were plowing with the winch.

Kat

do you usually wheel alone or what?

Rhonda and I go together in Ruby (our jeep). Not usually but sometimes we go out and just pratice due to our experance orlack there of and being we do fell kind of safe with the CB, High lift, Winch, winch accessory kit, pistol, food, water, tools, cell phones, other stuff. We only go where we have been before by our selves.

Kat

Rhonda and I go together in Ruby (our jeep). Not usually but sometimes we go out and just pratice due to our experance orlack there of and being we do fell kind of safe with the CB, High lift, Winch, winch accessory kit, pistol, food, water, tools, cell phones, other stuff. We only go where we have been before by our selves.

Kat

**** happens. still not a good idea to go alone but most of us are guilty of it. I had to walk out of the shoestring from the intersection of the kaner quartz,shoestring due to a failed distributer modual. This was a mid week just get away trip by myself. Never gonna happen again. That was a long walk and had to leave my rig out overnight.

I almost ended up on my side up at Evans in the snow by myself a few years ago. And I was playin' it safe since I was alone! Last time I ever went out by myself! Anything can happen anytime, at least if someones there you'll have help, or even a ride to get help!