• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Gatlinburg, TN cabins

blacksheep10

XBJRA champ/ 555 and team Nasty codriver
Kansas, where we know how to wheel, nowhere to go
Anniversary is Oct 13.
I want to take the wife to Gburg to look at some leaves and maybe meet up with a buddy that is working in NC with his now prego wife.
Wife won't give up action in a hotel or B&B anymore, has to be "private" ::) What the **** happened.
Either way, I'm looking for suggestions as to where to stay there.
It seems lots of **** is already booked, hoping somebody has some ideas
Kelly

Behind the apple orchard is a place called hidden mountains resorts, very nice place and should be reasonable this time of year.

Snuggled inn in gatlingburg we stay there every year it's great price and easy to deal with they have web page if you google it

RHINO660 said:
Snuggled inn in gatlingburg we stay there every year it's great price and easy to deal with they have web page if you google it
Snuggled Inn does look good, I have a call and email into them.
Actually every one mentioned on this page I have an email into. Man, a lot of them are middle of the road priced, but then have another $100 in "fees" tacked on and rental agreements that scare me to sign laughing1
The snuggled inn doesn't have most of that, I'm hoping they have something open. I'm just tired of looking and finding places that are booked up. :puke: I'm at 5 hours of searching now, wish I had turned here sooner :woody:

Ha. We are going up that weekend also. Bringing the kids and in-laws though. Need to find a place to stay also.

Kelly, I told you I have a relative with two cabins in Pigeon Forge. He owns a 4 br and a 2 br, I'll check availability and price of 2br today for you. I've stayed in the 2br before, pretty nice, right on the river with a hot tub on the deck. The 13th is a Thursday, what day are you getting there, and how many nights? My wife and friends are staying in the 4br this weekend and it is under $200 a night, so the 2 br is going to be cheaper, and no bs fees.

grcthird said:
Sis was telling me about this site http://www.vrbo.com/ deal directly with the property owner, and if you wait kinda last minute you can jew them down some. They went to gburg several times booking this way.

That's a good site. We also stay in Townsend, TN a lot. Don't have to deal with the crowds of Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge and it's even closer to the Cades Cove road-even though I avoid that too b/c of the crowds on the loop.

grcthird said:
Sis was telling me about this site http://www.vrbo.com/ deal directly with the property owner, and if you wait kinda last minute you can jew them down some. They went to gburg several times booking this way.

I use VRBO wherever I go that I need to rent a condo and have used it for cabin rental in Gatlinburg. Also look at the Weir's Valley area, it is out of town in the country but you do not have to fight the crowds of G'burg and Pigeon Forge. They also tend to be less pricy out that way. You have to be careful in G'burg too, if you stay up the mountain the roads can get a little hairy going up and down with all of the switchbacks and can take a while to get up and down.

I have been going up there for over 20 years, it never really gets old. My folks have been all over the internet looking to buy a place up there while prices are low now. Hopefully they will pull the trigger on something soon.

another vote for VRBO.com. have used it a few times now. Obviously every property owner is different, but so far so good.

Lol I'm going up the same weekend and was fixing to start a thread just like this, I'm prolly going to use vrbo as well most of everything as far as commercial cabins is booked for the weekends have been looking for a week, although there is a realty center that has some on the outskirts of pigeon forge I can't remember the name if I do I will post it up but I just googled gatlinburg cabin rentals and that pulled up a ton of sites I will look again on my lunch break and post it up.

lowbudgetjunk said:
Due to this damned post, I am looking at buying a cabin in Gatlinburg. My wife and I got married there and now she wants to take the baby up there for a visit.

I have found quite a few foreclosures for under 100k. Maybe use it as a rental and pay part of the mortgage.

My folks have been looking at mainly short sells and foreclosures. There are some good deals to be had up there right now. I have a site that is supposed be all of the foreclosures and short sells, and it is long. They have been looking at one that is really nice, it is an unfinished foreclosure. It is about 70% finished looks like. Good time to buy!