• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

GenRight's King of The Hammers Prep

Something else that kinda blows my mind about that pump drive system is that the belts are just on open edged pulleys. Typical OEM pulleys have an edge to them...to help prevent the belt from sliding off...and the grooves usually run in line with the direction the belt is traveling. These are on grooves that would seem to allow the belt to move back and forth at will...with only the tension keeping them in place.

Curious if there's something there I'm not seeing...

clemsonjeep said:
Something else that kinda blows my mind about that pump drive system is that the belts are just on open edged pulleys. Typical OEM pulleys have an edge to them...to help prevent the belt from sliding off...and the grooves usually run in line with the direction the belt is traveling. These are on grooves that would seem to allow the belt to move back and forth at will...with only the tension keeping them in place.

Curious if there's something there I'm not seeing...

They'e timming / cogged belts to prevent slippage. Pretty standard for any engine that uses a timing belt and no, cogs do not normally have edges. It relies on proper cog alignment to prevent the belt from walking off the cog. But anyone building things of this caliber should be able to build a bracket system that has proper alignment. This same setup is very common on super chargers.

That's true...didn't think about it that way. I guess it just looks different hanging off the front of a motor in a rig like this.

This is a double edge sword for me. When I see these 1 of a kind unbelievable rigs at SEMA or at the races or online, actually no matter what motor sport, I fully realize and appreciate that this is where true R&D is done. Its why we have some of the most bullet proof designs on the road today. From experimentation. Crazy off the wall against the grain ideas. I love it. It freakin sweet.

The other side of that blade is that unless I win the lottery or leave my wife and children to get 46 sponsors to build my $426,000 ultra4 rig, it aint ever gonna happen for me. Lol

Hey, best wishes and good luck this year Tony. Look forward to the racing this year