• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Golden Mountain Park - Closing

The owner reached out to me recently as I inquired on details and price. I'll call her back and post up the details here. I really just want to keep it in the wheeling family, there is a huge opportunity to make this one of the premier parks (crawling, mud, circle track, etc). Just needs a bit of work and investment.

rockwell 1 said:
i call bs on the 40 grand but it should be public record .calling tbi toy .....
You know I thought it was a stretch to be that much and I asked him to repeat that figure because I thought I misunderstood him.

Re: Re: Golden Mountain Park - Closing

yotabobbed said:
You know I thought it was a stretch to be that much and I asked him to repeat that figure because I thought I misunderstood him.
That would be the property taxes on a commercial property worth almost 5 million

Throw some goats on the commercial section and see if you can get it re-zoned to lower the taxes.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Of course it takes careful thought out smart planning. Though I refuse to believe with the kind of money a huge chunk of us have tied up in our rigs not including racers, that nobody has the ability to work through it here?

You're talking about asking a pool of guys or even strangers for that matter to throw a minimal investment in order to keep a rural property.

We can't act like we have zero technology and programs that can't track every single investor. It's pretty easy to log in at every single visit.

Register online before you show up, there are many options.

With a handful of other obvious requirements, we would just have to establish what it is a person like you or me expects out of the investment you put in?

If you give $100, do you get the same return as a guy who gave $5k ? Of course not

All I'm saying is it can be done

So really with a smile on my face we're really just talking about a couple hundred bucks RELATIVELY per person.

Truly what hostility and demands do you have on the minimal investment that kept a park open for you and everyone else?

onepieceatatime said:
Throw some goats on the commercial section and see if you can get it re-zoned to lower the taxes.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Make all the buildings/pavilions/bunkhouses into barns, to save ~$3-4000/yr on taxes...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kmcminn said:
It surprises me that anyone would sell a park. SFWDA basically pays all cost these parks incur through the year, even land taxes. Hell, I heard they even foot the bill for WODs yearly taxes since he is such an intrigual part of offroading in Tennessee. I can personally say that they are sponsoring Enzos citizenship because they are trying to get their foot in the door with Pirate4x4 France.

:rolf:

In all seriousness though, if Southern was worth a **** (which they're not) they would step to the plate and figure out a way to buy this property. It could be their flagship park and they could utilize it not only as a way to fund their yearly budget but they could do special events there, training, and all sorts of things that would support their cause. Hell they probably could have afforded to buy it with all the save Tellico money they blew on god knows what.

edit: I wonder how much money Dixie Run takes in? Maybe they should turn this years event into a down payment. But that's too good of an idea so they would never do that.

redneckengineered said:
:rolf:

In all seriousness though, if Southern was worth a **** (which they're not) they would step to the plate and figure out a way to buy this property. It could be their flagship park and they could utilize it not only as a way to fund their yearly budget but they could do special events there, training, and all sorts of things that would support their cause. Hell they probably could have afforded to buy it with all the save Tellico money they blew on god knows what.

edit: I wonder how much money Dixie Run takes in? Maybe they should turn this years event into a down payment. But that's too good of an idea so they would never do that.

Would that not turn them into a for profit organization?

Hotrod23 said:
Would that not turn them into a for profit organization?

Only if they made a profit.

Do you "non profit" doesn't mean "non income".

Plenty of employees at "non profit organizations" make 6 and 7 figure salaries plus have all their expenses paid

And just to play devils advocate here, what's stopping anyone else from forming another organization (ala SFWDA) and buying the park?

A profit focused owner/promoter could have a real gem there, especially if the adjacent properties to the south could be bought and expand the park.

IMO the all the owner/operators of the park since it opened as an off-road park have been more concerned about running a bare bones operation than promoting the business (or even representing the business)

I literally have no recollection of the park hosting or promoting a single event or anything to draw customers, And when I offered to do organization/promoting on behalf of the park, my intentions were questioned and I was basically told that I would be have to rent the whole park and provide my own event liability insurance if I wanted to "host or promote any sort of event".

I've thought about starting a group several times since butting heads with sfwda. But I feel like you would get a lot of push back from sfwda and they're gang of nitwits. Hell they threatened to whoop Travis's ass for asking a question on Facebook.

And like it or not, they have a massive footprint right now.

I think you could do it, if you could get some big names to back/ promote it.

As for GMP, wonder if the owner would be open to leasing the property? There are a few offroad parks in nc that are leased by clubs/individuals and they make a small profit atleast.

The Luke said:
I've thought about starting a group several times since butting heads with sfwda. But I feel like you would get a lot of push back from sfwda and they're gang of nitwits. Hell they threatened to whoop Travis's ass for asking a question on Facebook.

And like it or not, they have a massive footprint right now.

Pete Meir or whatever his name was did. It was funny.

its not listed for sale because its probably not for sale. i know i know the GMP camp says it is what ever .as for leasing it trust me these are not people you want to mess with

rockwell 1 said:
its not listed for sale because its probably not for sale. i know i know the GMP camp says it is what ever .as for leasing it trust me these are not people you want to mess with

Yeah I wouldn't expect to see a real estate listing on it.

rockwell 1 said:

TBItoy said:
Yeah I wouldn't expect to see a real estate listing on it.

I was told a key to the gate was given to a real estate agent.

Latest posts