• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

good pistol for the money

Re: Re: good pistol for the money

rednecklights said:
hipointstickerswhite.jpg

I had a hi-point 9mm that I paid $169 for new. Never had any problems with it and never once cleaned it. Neglected it and beat it around but never failed to shoot. Only reason I got rid of it is because I needed the cash to buy a 1911. They are actually a decent gun for the money other than being made out of plastic

kyjari001 said:
I had a hi-point 9mm that I paid $169 for new. Never had any problems with it and never once cleaned it. Neglected it and beat it around but never failed to shoot. Only reason I got rid of it is because I needed the cash to buy a 1911. They are actually a decent gun for the money other than being made out of plastic

I had a Hi Point 4095 carbine just like the one in the bottom of that picture. It had 10 round mags and shot .40 cal pistol ammo. They make them in 9mm, .40, and .45ACP. Didn't have very much in it, threw a cheap BSA red dot on it, and it was a fun little gun to shoot.

I have a Glock 9mm my wife bought me a couple chrismas's ago and its been my favorite. Bought a Springfield XD9 and now I cant decide which one I like better.

I own several. I've carried a Glock for a few years and love it. I recently switched and started carrying a Springfield XDS 45. I love it and it shoots damn good.

Big fan of the M&P. Glocks are no doubt a solid weapon. I just don't like the angle of the grip. It does not feel natural to me and I find that makes me have to fish the sights on target whereas the M&P goes up and is on target. Just preference.

I have a glock20 gen 3 10mm it's a bad ass gun but I can't afford to shoot it. Ammo is stupid expensive! If your thinking glock then check out glockstore.com

rednecklights said:
Im a glock hater because they are so trendy, but I currently carry a 19rtf the texture made a big difference to me over a standard texture.

I carried an xd for years I really liked that weapon as well.

I prefer capacity of a 9mm or stopping power of a .45acp , .40 is a puss 10mm.

That's like being a 14 bolt axle hater, because they are "trendy"...

They are trendy because they work :dblthumb:

I have a gen 1 model 17, only time it failed to fire is when I accidentally loaded a 9x18 makarov round into it :****: not really sure that counts, because it won't shoot .45 ACP or 12 gauge shot shells either for that matter :wtflol:

huff75 said:
Big fan of the M&P. Glocks are no doubt a solid weapon. I just don't like the angle of the grip. It does not feel natural to me and I find that makes me have to fish the sights on target whereas the M&P goes up and is on target. Just preference.

The gen 4 (latest model) Glocks have adjustable backstraps, 3 different options I think, but I'm not a fan of any of them. The gen 3 is what I've had and it's the 2nd gen 3 I've had. The full frame gen 3 is perfect for my hand. I've held the XD's and XDM's, and like the gen 3 Glock better. Just personal preference. I think the midsize Glocks are kinda dumb because they aren't any easier to conceal and they hold less rounds....never understood the fad with the midsize. I can get a full 4 fingered grip on the full frame and it feels secure...midsized just piss me off when I try to hold them because they are just too damn short.

Ahhh, things to get rednecks "discussin":
Religion, politics, college football, "best" Mercian auto mfg, and favorite gun/caliber choice!!!! :****:

On Grip angle, again it just preference, comfort, and practice. My buddies that shoot M&Ps can draw and shoot their guns fine. Hand them a glock and they'll draw and be aiming right over the target. lol For caliber, I like 9mm. My friends that shoot in competitions shoot .40 because they get a bonus on scoring vs 9mm.

That's why I tend not to mix and match brands so any time I draw at the range, it will be the same feel as if I ever need to draw in defense.

really appreciate the feed back fellas im gonna see if I can find a range around me where I can try a few different ones don't think there is one in Tuscaloosa but im sure there will be in Birmingham. I looked at a m&p last night I liked the feel but will be a lot better if I can fun some rounds threw a few and make my pick. :dblthumb:

After trying several things, I have settled on Glock.

My Gen3 21SF is a great house/target selection, the Gen3 26 is a great carry piece and the new 42 is working for the wife...

i have a m&p 45 i will not go anywhere without. it actually fell out of a fobus paddle holster while i was wheeling once and apparently i had been spinning on it in the mud hole we found it in. i took the clip out and tried to rack the slide and it was full of gravel and dirt. i cleaned it out the best i could and put it up. the last morning of the trip we were on i had to call on it in a hurry, all i will say is big pesky wild life! long story short it fired two rounds no problem. tbi toy and mongo can vouch for this story. i don't have much experience with other guns but i would trust my life to my m&p.

been awhile since this was up but though I would update. went with a m&p 45. first gun. and picked up a brand new m&p 40 from a buddy today for cheap. only had to mags ran threw it. again thanks for the info