• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Good transmission rebuilder in B'ham area

customcj7

So searching rebuild/rebuilt transmission in here comes up with quite a few threads.

I've got a C6 that I need to have rebuilt. I bought it pulled from a vehicle and I have no idea if it's **** or not. Need to have someone go through it before I put it in the rig.
Anyone on here got a good transmission guy in the area? Preferably one you've used. :D

No. I'm not doing it myself. No I'm not going to just flush it with fluid. Before I convert my manual over to automatic and all the fun that comes with it, I want to make sure I've got a tranny that will work.

If you don't mind traveling a little north of Birmingham up I65 to Warrior, Lowe's Transmission can fix you up. They just put a front seal in the transmission of my F250. They have rebuilt several transmissions for my family over the past 20 years or so.

I used josh Rohlings (never satisfied buggy) out of muscle shoals. It's out of Bham but he is good people who knows his stuff.

Arrington's transmission in Bezzemer has done some of mine, he's an old drag racer and knows some tricks. thumb.gif

Chip at World Transmission in homewood. Older guy that has been hot rodding them for longer than most of us have been alive. Built the **** out of my buddies c6 in his bronco last year. I also have a local guy that does mine, been doing it for 40 years. Does good work on stock rebuilds.

Lowes in warrior is a damn crook. Dont go to him! Michael boatwright at bills transmission in vinemont does good work...charlies in bessemer does good work.

Bama said:
Lowes in warrior is a damn crook. Dont go to him! Michael boatwright at bills transmission in vinemont does good work...charlies in bessemer does good work.

Truth! I use Boatwright at Bill's Transmissions personally but have also been told that Joe's Auto Service in Cullman does good work...also known as Corretties

grcthird said:
Chip at World Transmission in homewood. Older guy that has been hot rodding them for longer than most of us have been alive. Built the **** out of my buddies c6 in his bronco last year. I also have a local guy that does mine, been doing it for 40 years. Does good work on stock rebuilds.

Forgot about him and we use him for all our company trucks. :dblthumb:

Jerrys transmission in hueyton. He does all the transmission work for my shop. Built over 30 for me in the last 5 years