• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Good Vibes!

Charlie, maybe surround the boulder filed with something that will keep them contained. My worry would be that the rocks will be spread out over time. Maybe surounded by logs with keeper stones on the corners?

Just a thought.

Trenched area works perfect for this :awesomework:

Dig like 1' trench for the base rocks to sit in...

This was something we had discussed yetserday on site with the DNR..

Trenched area works perfect for this :awesomework:

Dig like 1' trench for the base rocks to sit in...

This was something we had discussed yetserday on site with the DNR..

Very cool, I am glad it was thought of. I just think about what has happend out at tahuya with all the rocks slowly making their way to the bottom of the hill. I know I have kicked a few down my self.

Very cool, I am glad it was thought of. I just think about what has happened out at tahuya with all the rocks slowly making their way to the bottom of the hill. I know I have kicked a few down my self.

I appreciate the efforts the volunteers to build that section, but they obviously didn't think that section through.

Loose rock on hills are :rb: Loose rock in general is :looser:

:D I know we can do much better at Reiter.

I appreciate the efforts the volunteers to build that section, but they obviously didn't think that section through.

Loose rock on hills are :rb: Loose rock in general is :looser:

:D I know we can do much better at Reiter.

I hope Reiter will be better. The only advantage of the lose rock is every time its completly differnt.

Charlie, maybe surround the boulder filed with something that will keep them contained. My worry would be that the rocks will be spread out over time. Maybe surounded by logs with keeper stones on the corners?

Just a thought.

Don't tell me draw it:awesomework:
Everyone needs to remember it isn't "Charlie land"
It's Reiter foothills ORV park...................... that "WE" get to have input on

Don't tell me draw it:awesomework:
Everyone needs to remember it isn't "Charlie land"
It's Reiter foothills ORV park...................... that "WE" get to have input on

I have no way of digitizing anything I draw right now.

I was thinking about the tight tree sections earlier today.

Folks will complain that our rigs rub on trees and we try to squeeze through them. What is the difference between us squeezing through the tight trees and "rubbing" them here and there versus cutting the tree completely down to establish a trail corridor?

Just some food for thought in this process.

I applaud the efforts of you folks and would be right there with you. Due to my military commitments it makes it near impossible to dedicate the time I used to at Reiter and other areas. :booo:

Folks will complain that our rigs rub on trees and we try to squeeze through them. What is the difference between us squeezing through the tight trees and "rubbing" them here and there versus cutting the tree completely down to establish a trail corridor?

:

My thoughts exactly. But from what I understand, and hope to be the case, the trail corridor will be a certain width, and anything in that boundary is fair game.

I was thinking about the tight tree sections earlier today.

Just some food for thought in this process.

I applaud the efforts of you folks and would be right there with you. Due to my military commitments it makes it near impossible to dedicate the time I used to at Reiter and other areas. :booo:
As we ate dinner tonight with my son that is just starting his career in the Navy. The reason we can bitch is because of people like you
THANK YOU for all that you do

As far as what you wrote on..... Ya I wonder the same but people want tight little twisty trails threw the trees, SO Dnr rec is going to aquire the trees from DNR forest for that the trust still gets the money out of the trees for the schools and Sno Co gov. and the 4x4s can rub the trees as much as they want, I guess

The difference between the reason for a rule and the actual effectiveness of it, is irreverent for what we're doing with Reiter. There is a technical reason as to why the DNR shouldn't let us rub trees; and why the eco-nazi's consider the rubbing "damage"......But does it really matter? The changing of current rules and (their) opinions is not up for discussion. Or atleast, we have much bigger fish to fry.:;

We must deal with the restrictions, limitations, rules and guidelines set forth in the trail design.

As they say......."We'll deal with it.":awesomework:

I have heard of and seen some of the past efforts you have put in to Reiter Karl and coupled with your current service in the US Navy, like Nowires you have and are doing your part and I also Thank You and all the others on this forum that are currently serving in any branch of the military. :awesomework: :awesomework: :awesomework:

You do your part and we will do ours and hopefully there will be a great Reiter Foothills ORV Park for you to enjoy as time and service permits. :awesomework: