• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Greg Stone - Swimming Report?

Willymutt

Greg,
I saw that you decided to wash the buggy the tough way! :****: What is the story behind it?

Scary as hell. Glad to see him out and on the shore by the time we sprinted over.

05-23-09_1524.jpg

Matt O. said:
Dude, WTF how did that happen??

Being an avid golfer, you'd think he'd have paid more attn to the water hazard. There was a hard left downhill turn next to the pond, Greg went a little too fast. Pretty scary deal. There was nobody close by where it happened to help him, but he got out ok. Glad he's alright. Mark and I sat near the spot with his buggy for the rest of the race in case it happened again, but most people were going really slow after that.

How does one tire stay perfectly clean and the other is covered in mud??? That's what I want to know ...

J. J.

jtreeves1 said:
that would suck in a cab truck

It sucked in a buggy with a helmet/neck collar on, window nets up, harness on, and upside down in 6-7 ft of pitch black water. Sorta freaked me the hell out, really thought I might drown.I took the drivers window net down and realized it I couldn't get out that side and had to go to the passengers side net and get it down. The motor has a bent rod...everything else looks ok, I'm sure I'll be sorting out sme electrical issues as they come up.

Dude that is my worst fear, drowning in a rolled buggy. I bet that was scary. I heard you were underwater for a while, glad you kept your cool and got out ok. That water looks nasty as hell

Man that had to be intense, good job keeping your cool and getting out safely ! Way to keep your cool under pressure :dblthumb: Sucks the buggy is going to require alot of attention but buggy's are replacable.

GStone said:
It sucked in a buggy with a helmet/neck collar on, window nets up, harness on, and upside down in 6-7 ft of pitch black water. Sorta freaked me the hell out, really thought I might drown.I took the drivers window net down and realized it I couldn't get out that side and had to go to the passengers side net and get it down. The motor has a bent rod...everything else looks ok, I'm sure I'll be sorting out sme electrical issues as they come up.
holy ****. window nets. wow. I have been upside down with my head at the bottom, and only up to the seat bottom. I had a camlock that had to be pushed in and turned and was hanging from it. I don't swim well and I was freaked the **** OUT. I couldn't imagine getting out of the belts, getting the net down and being blocked. Damn man, I'm glad you got the cool head. wow. :eek:

Chuck Norris would have driven that bich right outta the water. He would have cut a reed and breathed through it until the motor turned over and wham, he's got the supercharger turning and gone. You can bet on that. Still, Greg you have got to be a baddass to come out of that one. :driving:

Weirdest thing was hearing rev limiter off the line and then....silence. We were all waiting for him to come around like "WTF?" Then we heard someone yell "POND" and sprinted over thinking it was going to a foot or so of water. Uhhh no.