• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Gulf side vacation?

We usually go to Edisto or Cocoa Beach, so what is on the gulf side that's nice? And NOT touristy. The reason I like Edisto is when we go to the beach, there's like 7 people in 3 miles of beach. So my new way to pick a vacation spot is, if I've heard of it, we're not going. Hoping to get some input from the Flerrida, Souf Alabama guys. Thanks! :dblthumb:

But if they tell you about it then you've heard of it, so then your screwed.

Re:

You will love the gulf side so much better, crystal clear water, and white sand!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Cape San Blas is one of my favorite spots. Not crowded, no hotels and plenty of rental properties.

And much warmer water. Look at Carabelle or Port St. Lucie. In Carabelle, you are likely to be behind a barrier island, so no waves. Dogs are allowed on the beach if that matters to you.

St George Island. Its about 60 miles east of PC Beach. I haven't been in a few years, but I've heard it still hasn't built up much.

This is good, the only one I've heard of so far is Port St Lucie, and only because Rush Limbaugh talks about it all the time. Apparently, that's where all the dumb people live in Florida, Port St Lucie and Rio Linda. lol

You keep them coming, I'm googling the hell out of them when I get off work. :dblthumb:

I try to go to the Gulf every year, and it is a 14 hour drive for me if that tells you anything. Particularly, Destin, FL area which is touristy, but read on...

1. I have started going in late September, so even places that are busy in summer you have at your disposal in the Fall. Last year we would go to their absolutely most popular places to eat, and not have to wait to be seated at all. There is no traffic to deal with, and so on

2. There are a few small towns roughly 20 minutes from Destin that are options as well. One example is Santa Rosa Beach (pictured). I have stayed in that area twice and love it. Still though, if you can go there a little bit out of season, it is all the more better.

30a-santa-rosa-beach.jpg

Haha..I live 10 mins away on the north side of 98 from that picture. It doesn't suck living here year around :flipoff1:

Anywhere east of PC and west of apalachicola is gonna be super nice with minimal people around thumb.gif

I got married in Santa rosa. It is an awesome place, but it was around the first of October

kboring said:
Cape San Blas is one of my favorite spots. Not crowded, no hotels and plenty of rental properties.

I second this. Went there last year with the family & loved it. You can drive on the beach, build fires, & take your dogs with you. Not to mention you can founder on those baked oysters.

nhl_bullitt said:
I try to go to the Gulf every year, and it is a 14 hour drive for me if that tells you anything. Particularly, Destin, FL area which is touristy, but read on...

1. I have started going in late September, so even places that are busy in summer you have at your disposal in the Fall. Last year we would go to their absolutely most popular places to eat, and not have to wait to be seated at all. There is no traffic to deal with, and so on

2. There are a few small towns roughly 20 minutes from Destin that are options as well. One example is Santa Rosa Beach (pictured). I have stayed in that area twice and love it. Still though, if you can go there a little bit out of season, it is all the more better.

30a-santa-rosa-beach.jpg

This but we always stay in Sea Grove on Hwy 30A
Absolutely no "name brand" tourist things around just a good laid back area and most of the time its old people that are around not loud college kids. My wife and I love the area because we don't do tourist stuff we just stay on the beach with my youngin all day. Look up Scenic Hwy 30A and all the areas on it are awesome. Some are a little more fancy price wise than others. thumb.gif

Check out Anna Marie island to st Armands key in the middle there is Whitney beach which we use to call locals beach when I grew up there way cool place

Anna Marie island for the win!!. Like it so well I got married there. All the touristy **** is about 15 20 minutes away. It's a long ass drive but so worth it when you get there.

Latest posts