• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Gulf side vacation?

My mother-in-law goes to mexico beach very often. She is even in the market for a small home there. Her reason for liking it is its small, its not touristy, very nice and clean beach, and great small places to eat close by. I think they have 1 hotel and a dollar general from what ive been told. I know the pictures her and my wife showed me it looked as if everytime they have went, they basically had the beach to themselves even in july.

pushrod-racing said:
My mother-in-law goes to mexico beach very often. She is even in the market for a small home there. Her reason for liking it is its small, its not touristy, very nice and clean beach, and great small places to eat close by. I think they have 1 hotel and a dollar general from what ive been told. I know the pictures her and my wife showed me it looked as if everytime they have went, they basically had the beach to themselves even in july.

Mexico Beach is quite for sure. The time I went over there the water clarity was worse than the other places in that stretch. I don't see myself vacationing there.

Just got back from Mexico beach/ port st. Joe area. Personally one of my favorite on the gulf. Bunch of mom and pop restaurants. The water clarity can be a little murky, but that because of the intercostal water way. Cape San blas is awesome if your wanting quit secluded beaches. St. George island is also awesome, but any thing on the forgotten coast is good. Also forgot to say fishing is great in the Mexico beach/ port st. Joe area.

We go 4-5 times a year. If you go to Panama city stay at pinnacle port. Period. Very secluded but only 5-7 minutes away from shopping. If you want absolute seclusion and isolation go to St George island.

I just got back yesterday from Seacrest/Rosemary beach outside of Panama. Great place to stay. This is apart of the 30A the others are referring to. Nice, family oriented part of town. We will continue to go to that part of florida from here on.

I believe we're nearly finalized on the St. George Island idea. Just gotta find a house for a week in the 2-2500 range. I do appreciate all suggestions though! Bookmarking this thread for years future! :dblthumb:

Your gonna love St George. Very secluded. If you have a golf cart or Polaris ranger take it. You can ride it all over the island. Just not on the beach though. There`s a nice little pizza joint, an ice cream parlor, and two restaurants that turn into cool little drinking pubs after hours. The state park at the east end of the island is very nice to. Appalachia is right off the island and over the bridge. They have some nice little shops and restaurants right on the bay as well.

5BrothersFabrication said:
I believe we're nearly finalized on the St. George Island idea. Just gotta find a house for a week in the 2-2500 range. I do appreciate all suggestions though! Bookmarking this thread for years future! :dblthumb:

I grew up an hour from there and it was our go-to beach for day trips.

I Live in atl now and still havent found a place that feels as good to go relax on the beach as there, so I still go back every year or so.

Head down to the state park, and if you stop before the big parking lot at some of the litlte pull-offs and walk to the water, you can have the beach and the dunes and stuff almost to yourself.

the water isnt crystal clear as the 30a beaches but the beaches themselves are nice, quiet, not packed in like sardines etc etc..

Cape San blas and st. George island are both secluded beaches. St George island has a little more to do. If you decide to go too cape San blas go to Indian pass raw oyster bar to eat, also triple tails is a dang good restaurant around cape San blas (it's cash only though).

Re: Re: Gulf side vacation?

5BrothersFabrication said:
I have been going to St. George since I was little and 32 now. I got married on the beach there. Great place to go. The state park is at one end and there is plenty of fishing that can be done on the back side of the island. Wade out for a ways.

I am staying at this place next week: http://www.collinsvacationrentals.com/east-gulf-beaches/taras#tab3. It's under your price range. Got your own private pool and plenty of parking. It's not on the beach but you can walk 3 minutes and be there. You can see the board walk where there is a small area to park. We stayed at the same place last year. If you want more pictures or information on it, let me know. Like I said we will be there next week.

Latest posts