• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Gun Guys of Hardline

FlatlandFSJ

Need a little help.So it goes like this. Craiglist guy offers an unfired DPMS AP4 in .308 and some ammo for my stock waggy. Not really looking for guns but if I was to want to go through with the trade, any specific steps needed? Did a little research and from what i can tell in florida i don't need to do anything, someone people said get a bill of sale,DL numbers and so on, others contested it and said that the BoS is only good if you go the distance and have a notary sign and blah blah blah.

Next question, anyone have any experience with the AP4, good, bad, wanna buy one?

Bill of sale with serial number. Have both parties sign it and date. That is how we do it in Bama. You can get his DL if he will give it up. Get the serial number of the gun before and run it on hot guns. I forget the link. Just search for it. You want to show how you got the gun if it ever becomes an issue.

In Texas was have a form that can be used for individual transfer. Although it's not required it's certainly a good idea. If the transfer is across state lines the best way is to let a FFL process the transfer to protect everyone involved.

This should do the trick

http://www.defensivestrategies.org/downloads/PrivateTransferForm.pdf

2010 Jim's Garage 4429
2012 Jim's Garage YJ
2013 Wide Open Design WFO

Thanks for the input guys.
The plan would most likely be to resale asap,Im close to wrapping my build up and the cash would help. If it is actually unfired I'd rather leave it that way and move it on down the road.
Gonna see if I can get the rest of the info and see how it goes. It appears to be a pretty nice rifle from the research Ive done on it.