• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

"Half an inch off" (budget) rockwell build

Eddyj said:
Is this where you want to be when Jesus comes back?
Kicking a man while he's down, after he admitted he was wrong.

To be honest I just like things really simple. LS motor and automatic transmissions are not really simple I'm having trouble to adapting to this new century.

I freakin' love Joe Dirt. All is forgiven

Since the NP 205 basically just doubles in low range, if you plot out the gears on the SM 465 they basically each double each other. So when you put it in the low range you're not really splitting any of the gear, all you're doing is adding a double low. Because second in low basically becomes first in high. The problem is there is such a large gap between second and third gear on the transmission. Second gear is straight to the rev limiter with no tire speed. third gear is certain death with my driving ability.

Sounds like you need some shock tuning, steering that you know will keep up, and more driver skillz instead of an auto.

Or an auto

Eddyj said:
Since the NP 205 basically just doubles in low range, if you plot out the gears on the SM 465 they basically each double each other. So when you put it in the low range you're not really splitting any of the gear, all you're doing is adding a double low. Because second in low basically becomes first in high. The problem is there is such a large gap between second and third gear on the transmission. Second gear is straight to the rev limiter with no tire speed. third gear is certain death with my driving ability.

That's the exact same problems I had in my first buggy with a 5.3/465/205. It was a crawling machine but anything that you needed wheelspeed on was difficult and speed shifting a 465 is comical at best laughing1

Re: "Half an inch off" (budget) rockwell build

smbroady82 said:
No interview?

No parts listed?

you're slacking

Hey smBRAH-dy if you have something to say... just say it, sir.

You like that 69 buggy pic didn't you? :stir:

Eddyj said:
Hey smBRAH-dy if you have something to say... just say it, sir.

You like that 69 buggy pic didn't you? :stir:

Lol, you should have had Murrah shoot the video and interview you like all the big dogs do ;).

and yes, that picture is cute

15b01b9259d2f4696cd7303d2a2bb6df.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When your half a quart low on trans fluid and stuck. You just give big poppy a call and I'll come pull you out.

Will we have to stop every few feet to let yours cool off because you won't take the time to properly bleed it after you roll it over in your yard? :stir:

Thanks for all the compliments.
This buggy has turned out the way it has because of Patricks...,
Rocfun and Pholmann they both hooked me up with their own expertise.
As you can see Rocfun is a masterbender
Phole hooked me up with a good motor at reasonable cost and provided any tech help I needed.
Also lowbudgetjunk helped me out big time (he may have also given my engine a unidentifiable STD)
Also 5bros and rednecklights for their input and criticism.

Thanks fellas. :****:

Happy to help. I do have to apologize. I did witness and maybe instigate the potential std give the to your engine by Kel. I did nothing to stop it. ;D