• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

HAR - Hardline Forum Ride - October 10-12, 2014

I will not be night riding. I plan to get to know folks around the camp fire at the campground. See, my wife, Nan, is going with me, but I am taking the Solo Buggy. So, she will be inside the RV all day while we ride, so also night riding would not be a good idea. I have a great wife, but why push it. Bet there will be as many memories made around the campfire as there will be on the trail. Guarantee more shine and lies at the fire.

Re:

As of now I don't figure we'll leave out til that Friday morning, so we will prolly be down for some evening/night riding Friday, but prolly have campfire shenanigans Saturday since we'll get to day ride. Just have to play it by ear

Things have came up that have changed my plans so I'm not gonna be able to make it....which really sucks!!
Definitely was lookin forward to meeting some of you guys and getting in some good riding! :driving: :drinkers:
On that note....I've got spot #5 reserved in the South Evarts campground, behind the Dairy Hut. Reserved for Thursday, Friday and Saturday night.....one night is already paid for. If someone wants it just pm me and I'll call and have the name changed.
Hate that I'm gonna miss this!!!! :puke:
Definitely gonna be there next year!!!! :****: :dblthumb: Y'all have an awesome time and be safe....drink one for me! :drinkers:

JohnG said:
I will not be night riding. I plan to get to know folks around the camp fire at the campground. See, my wife, Nan, is going with me, but I am taking the Solo Buggy. So, she will be inside the RV all day while we ride, so also night riding would not be a good idea. I have a great wife, but why push it. Bet there will be as many memories made around the campfire as there will be on the trail. Guarantee more shine and lies at the fire.

This is what I'm looking forward to as well. :drinkers:

Looks like all my crew is out. Changed work schedules and what not...

May show up anyway.

Considered just driving up in my stocker Taco (locker & winch) and riding around the easy trails, instead of spending the diesel $ to haul the Gremlin up.

I have tried to get a hold of Mike since this ride was announced. If and when he would answer the phone he would tell me that he is not in front of the computer and he will call me back never to receive a phone call or email. When you told me you canceled the 1 cabin I was able to talk to him and explained the situation and he assured me he would call me as soon as he got home, that was 2 weeks ago. I hate to ditch this ride but I'm not driving 11 hours to not have any place to stay. I appreciate you trying to help us out with the cabin, I just don't think it's going to workout at this point.

Hey man don't not come up because of not having a place you can camp in the park or down at the rail road tracks beside the shower house there will be plenty of room i wpuld say

sledneck said:
I have tried to get a hold of Mike since this ride was announced. If and when he would answer the phone he would tell me that he is not in front of the computer and he will call me back never to receive a phone call or email. When you told me you canceled the 1 cabin I was able to talk to him and explained the situation and he assured me he would call me as soon as he got home, that was 2 weeks ago. I hate to ditch this ride but I'm not driving 11 hours to not have any place to stay. I appreciate you trying to help us out with the cabin, I just don't think it's going to workout at this point.

Are you calling Mikes Cell phone? 606-273-8070

01tj said:
Are you calling Mikes Cell phone? 606-273-8070

That's the number I've reached him at both times (when I made the reservations several months ago, and when I cancelled and put the cabins in other peoples names) He's got your first name and phone number on one of the economy cabins for Thurs, Fri, Sat... :****:

I'll be there Thursday. I'm not sure what time yet. The main reason I liked this ride is the OP said it was going to be organized with planned rides starting early in the morning. I hate going up there and sitting around all day and hitting 2-3 trails. Any more details?

gubni said:
I'll be there Thursday. I'm not sure what time yet. The main reason I liked this ride is the OP said it was going to be organized with planned rides starting early in the morning. I hate going up there and sitting around all day and hitting 2-3 trails. Any more details?

I have every intention of putting some miles on the rental. I may not Mash my Motor all day long, but I really want to see as much as I can. I am still trying to figure out if we should pack lunch and just ride all day or what. I would like to ride with Julio and JohnG, but haven't heard much about groups since the first page or so.

Re: Re: HAR - Hardline Forum Ride - October 10-12, 2014

Always pack a lunch and snacks when you head up on that mountain.

Dropped from a drone

lowbudgetjunk said:
I have every intention of putting some miles on the rental. I may not Mash my Motor all day long, but I really want to see as much as I can. I am still trying to figure out if we should pack lunch and just ride all day or what. I would like to ride with Julio and JohnG, but haven't heard much about groups since the first page or so.

Yeah I would pack a lunch for sure. Burns up a lot of the day running back down the mountain to go get lunch.

I'm sure there will be imprompto meetings and gatherings on Thursday.

The PLANNED meeting is at 8AM on FRIDAY at Evarts South Campground. Arrive at the meeting full of fuel and all supplies needed for a full day of wheeling. Bring snacks, lunch, beverages, and fuel if needed. What happens at that point depends on the number gathered. We will divide into groups of 10 - 12. We have Julio, aka Scott Prince, aka ScottsPics as the leader of one group. I will ask for trail leaders at that point. If you have been there several times and can lead a group, AND can make the 8AM meeting, post that up here. We will NOT divide into groups by vehicle tire size, or capability, instead, we will gather with those you know and want to wheel with. Don't worry, if you are attending and know nobody except from the internet, you will be taken care of. No one will be riding alone, unless you miss the 8AM meeting, then fuk you.

What we do on Sunday will be discussed around the camp fire at Evarts South Campground Friday night. I had just as soon start at 8AM Saturday, loaded and ready as well. But if I get push back, then we will start a little later, like 8:30 :flipoff1:

This is to be a fun ride to build a bond of personal friendship in real life. If there is breakage, no one will be left behind. Light social drinking allowed on the trails. Save the real drinking for camp. I personally, will not tolerate any drunk driving in the group I am in, and encourage others, especially the trail leaders to follow my example.

Latest posts