• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

HAR - Hardline Forum Ride - October 10-12, 2014

Yep that's the number. I have tried from 9am to 9pm. Also tried email and no luck. If we get some place to stay we plan on being there Thursday also.

JohnG said:
I'm sure there will be imprompto meetings and gatherings on Thursday.

The PLANNED meeting is at 8AM on FRIDAY at Evarts South Campground. Arrive at the meeting full of fuel and all supplies needed for a full day of wheeling. Bring snacks, lunch, beverages, and fuel if needed. What happens at that point depends on the number gathered. We will divide into groups of 10 - 12. We have Julio, aka Scott Prince, aka ScottsPics as the leader of one group. I will ask for trail leaders at that point. If you have been there several times and can lead a group, AND can make the 8AM meeting, post that up here. We will NOT divide into groups by vehicle tire size, or capability, instead, we will gather with those you know and want to wheel with. Don't worry, if you are attending and know nobody except from the internet, you will be taken care of. No one will be riding alone, unless you miss the 8AM meeting, then fuk you.

What we do on Sunday will be discussed around the camp fire at Evarts South Campground Friday night. I had just as soon start at 8AM Saturday, loaded and ready as well. But if I get push back, then we will start a little later, like 8:30 :flipoff1:

This is to be a fun ride to build a bond of personal friendship in real life. If there is breakage, no one will be left behind. Light social drinking allowed on the trails. Save the real drinking for camp. I personally, will not tolerate any drunk driving in the group I am in, and encourage others, especially the trail leaders to follow my example.

^^^^this.........Yes I have a planned out trail ride for both days,,,,Saturday will include tougher trails / obstacles than Friday....but yes some of the stuff we hit Friday may produce breakage...we fix if possible as a group and move on with everyone together...or take turns helpin / pokin fun at the ones actually working.....YES bring plenty of food & drinks both days....we will not be back down till dark with the exception of a parts run...and I always save the drinkin till the camp fire at Harlan.

sledneck said:
Yep that's the number. I have tried from 9am to 9pm. Also tried email and no luck. If we get some place to stay we plan on being there Thursday also.

Call the Chevron in Evarts. They can typically get in touch with him.

hey julio i noticed on a few pages back yall were mentioning something about having helments and i couldnt find why is this a new rule there this year or something just checking before i get there without one lol

rookiezuke said:
hey julio i noticed on a few pages back yall were mentioning something about having helments and i couldnt find why is this a new rule there this year or something just checking before i get there without one lol

It was rumored that non tagged vehicles needed a helmet. Not sure if it was ever confirmed. Does not effect me as I am tagged and always wear a helmet anyway.

Think I am about ready. Worked on SOlo most of the day today after washing it yesterday. Got to re-spool my winch and my list is done. Not risking riding this weekend.

JohnG said:
It was rumored that non tagged vehicles needed a helmet. Not sure if it was ever confirmed. Does not effect me as I am tagged and always wear a helmet anyway.

ok i got ya john thanks

how much u want for those 3 inch wheel spacers i will get em from you if u still have them and can bring to harlan

does anyone else think they have seen every youtube video of harlan rockcrawling over the last couple months waiting on this ride ;D

sledneck said:
Johneddie is there room for 2 trucks and trailers at that spot?
I would assume one truck and trailer/camp per spot....not sure,haven't stayed at South Evarts before. Don't let lack of a spot keep you from coming as stated earlier. There'll be space at North Evarts camp, always is and it's closer to trailhead. If you want the spot just let me know. :dblthumb:

Yes on the helmets for any unregistered vehicles. They are suppose to be DOT approved as well. I confirmed this with the city of Evarts.

I just started my pre flight inspection! Trying to go over everything and make sure something don't fall off! What about cb radio? Think that would be a good idea! What channel would be good to be on without a lot of other traffic?

zukimaster said:
I just started my pre flight inspection! Trying to go over everything and make sure something don't fall off! What about cb radio? Think that would be a good idea! What channel would be good to be on without a lot of other traffic?

I have a CB in both my rigs. In Solo, I keep the microphone in my tool bag unless others are using CBs.

lowbudgetjunk said:
I have every intention of putting some miles on the rental. I may not Mash my Motor all day long, but I really want to see as much as I can. I am still trying to figure out if we should pack lunch and just ride all day or what. I would like to ride with Julio and JohnG, but haven't heard much about groups since the first page or so.

You need to beat on the rental. Lord knows the owner dont. He really disappointed me Saturday. He always has some sort of excuse, hill is to steep, ***** lips are sore, etc. :flipoff1:

Ordered me a helmet for the trip just as a CYA precation. Don't wanna be getting hassled by the fuzz.

Also, it's a great idea to not have many drinks on the trail in Harlan IMO. You put yourself and the park at a huge risk by coming back to town after juicin'. I try to get back in time to cook dinner and turn up around the camp fire. Can't wait for this trip. Should be getting close this time next week....

anybody who has been to harlan knows its a place where you can easily drive off the side of the damn mountain if your not paying attention. so its always good to keep the cold beers in the cooler till its camp fire time.