• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hardrock Challenge

exocaged

Hey guys Joe here from Clay County 4x4, we're gonna try another SETTC style event in November, the 7th and 8th are the dates. I know you guys showed up in force at the SETTC in April and Jimmy drove ( or should I say flew ) his way to the win. I got my October Fourwheeler mag and the article is really cool, we got 4 pages of coverage and a 2 page spread of the Mega Titan on the title page and a nice mention in the editorial also at the front. Everyone got a pic in it. Next year will be better organized, will flow better, and hopefully with the attention of the magazine it will draw many more sponsors so we can give out some really nice stuff. Also gonna try to get Trucks Gone Wild to film it. Anyways here is a copy/paste of what were working on now.

I've got a new promotion thing I call Offroad Promotor. I'm tryin to help the rock crawling image and offroading image by doing some organized events involving rocks, hills, and other high end courses and not just another bog hole. Well, with that said, we ( ORP and CC4x4 ) been working on another SETTC style event to be held at Hardrock. Its still one class for the big boys. We'll have a dedicated big boulder rock crawl built for this event as well. We are also working on figuring out a smaller more friendly version of a rock course that will be open for general play during the event. Should be a good time for all.

I have no idea as to what the prizes will be as I am working on getting committments from some local and national companies. If by chance a title sponsor comes along for this, well, you will see it in a big magazine for sure and maybe more, MUCH more.

Thanks for checking this out.

Here is more info on it.

THE HARDROCK CHALLENGE
November 7th and 8th 2009
This is put on by the Clay County 4x4 Club and Offroad Promotor

This is a SETTC style event meaning there is only one class. There is no D.O.T. tire requirement in this comp. We will have 8 courses, 4 on Saturday and 4 on Sunday.

Day 1:

Roller Coaster: A course filled with many accents and descents with sweeping fast turns. You will run 2 laps on this course.

Outback: This is a mid level MX course, all the jumps are table topped and offer high speed embanked turns. You get 1 lap on this one.

The Tug: This is all about brute power, you will pull a dump truck up hill as far as you can. You get one chance at this pull.

Rock Crawl: These will be the largest most extreme rocks you find anywhere. They offer ledges, holes, and offcamber stacked rocks in a course that is about 75 ft long.

Day 2:

Race Hills: This is a course that will get the day off right with some steep climbs and deceiving downhill sections. You get one lap to get it as fast as you can.

Race Rock: This will use the Race Hills in reverse direction and you will end up on a tough boulder section with a equally tough uphill climb to finish.

Race Course: This is the biggest MX course in Florida with some incredible accents that drop right into an offcamber left turn and onto an uphill off camber right turn. This is a Fast course that can give big air if you push it hard. All the Jumps are table topped. You get 2 laps.

The Hardrock: This is the final course, it includes hills, ledges, dirt moguls, drop offs, BIG rocks, and an insane climb to the finish line. This is the course that will test you and your machine.

Due to the weather that Florida is known for, rain is a possibility, event will operate rain or no rain. There is no water planned for the event that will exceed 1ft in depth. Rain can increase this depth although it will not exceed 2 ft. We will pump it if necessary. Neither Offroad Promotor, Clay County 4x4 Club or Hardrock Cycle Park LLC is responsible for any damages or injuries to you or the vehicles. A waiver will be required to be signed by all participants. You are required to be at the park on Friday Nov 6th for any paperwork required.

To enter this event please read the following:

Entry Fee:

There is an entry fee, this fee is $75.00 per team. If you choose to have a co-driver or any team members they are an additional $10.00 each. Camping is available for $10.00 per night for primitive and $20.00 per night with hook ups. The entry comes with 2 shirts for the driver; additional shirts are available for the teams for $6.50 extra.

How to enter:

Enter by registering and submitting the entry on the Forums at Offroad Promotor www.forums.offroadpromotor.comhttp:// and posting a pic of your vehicle and a description. Feel free to post several pics and chat with other entries. You must enter no later then October the 8th 2009. Entry fee must also be received by October 12th 2009

THIS IS AN OPEN EVENT!!!

This means that if your rig is bad enough and tough enough to hang with the big dogs then bring it. You'll have 2 days of incredible SETTC style event which means that it is not for mall crawlers. Remember there is NO DOT tire requirement.

Safety:

These are required no exceptions.
Roll Cage, DOT helmet, on board fire extinguisher, 4 or 5-point Safety Harnesses, Winch weight.

Also due to insurance requirements THIS IS A NO ALCOHOL EVENT.

Vehicle Suggestions:

Winch that works well, aggressive tires, improved steering, EFI or Pro-Pane, beadlocks, lockers, and driver experience.

Note: Visit www.SETTC.nethttp:// to see a sample of what this event has to offer. Also look at the October 2009 issue of Fourwheeler Magazine for more SETTC Coverage.

Feel free to contact me either by phone 904 524 4898 or e-mail [email protected]

Thanks
Joe

quite frankly i think you will have to make it worth our while to come... i had a blast at SETTC, but if it were not for the contingicy, i would not come back... its just to damn far to drive... but if there are prizes like at settc, im there... i know you are trying to get some events rolling, but we cant drive 8+ hours to wheel for an hour or so over the whole weekend...

dragg you are right, I have some sponsors willing to step up, but with no action as far as entries yet they are just watching. Yeah, its a hell of a drive no doubt. You got your Fourwheeler Mag yet?

I can understand that. since I am local, its not that big of a deal for me, but to get other people to show we definitely need some awards for the top finishers to make it worth while. I am like Jimmy, I dont mind traveling to wheel, but if I am going to compete, I want the chance to win something and would like to know what it is before hand.

Brian

awards are in the works. Also should have some very cool news by the weekend...Stay tuned cause this is about to get good.

exocaged said:
dragg you are right, I have some sponsors willing to step up, but with no action as far as entries yet they are just watching. Yeah, its a hell of a drive no doubt. You got your Fourwheeler Mag yet?
yeah, it looked good... and as far as sponsers, **** kenesaw mtn... i have yet to get my bumper, granted it was not ordered immediately after the comp, but it has been a couple of months... that guy is a ****ing douche bag...